• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Kapersky hates my project.

F

Freedom2Fight

I made a single runtime executable of my project and Kapersky just keeps deleting it.

Its sort of problematic, I'm trying to enter the GMC Jam.

I submitted it to VirusTotal and Kapersky and Zonealarm treats it as HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic. Everything else says its clean.

Is it though? Is this a false positive?

Never had this with Norton. This is a first for me and any help would be appreciated.

rIKmAN

It will be a false positive.

Simply add the folder(s) you export the exe to to your whitelist in the AV settings.

F

Freedom2Fight

I sure hope its a false positive.

The thing about Kapersky's exemptions/whitelist is that the file has to be present to exempt it.

But it deletes it immediately when I recover said file. This is really eating away at my sanity.

rIKmAN

There should be an option to add a folder to the whitelist, if there isn't uninstall Kaspersky and get yourself a better AV program.

cgPixel

Just export your game as compressed zip file.
The single executable is packed with UPX and will trigger many AV programs (false positive).