Feedback Kalvgv

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Chungsie, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Chungsie

Chungsie Member

upload_2019-8-8_19-5-51.png
    I'm working on a 2d iso dungeon crawler, with a random level generation, random loot and npc spawns. In the above graphic I was testing the tiles to see how they worked together, and with sprites to get a feel for scaling.

You play as a Ginseng, and his companion Goblin fighting your way through ancient ruins in search of a powerful relic. It's designed to have near infinite replay-ability, and story progression over a few randomly generated levels.

Kalvgv must travel with his Goblin friend, into the Depths of the Othra islands, to locate a very ancient relic with incredible power. There are a number of power items to help along the way.
    yog'sfir-fb scaled.gif flaming sword-scaled-fb.gif blood magic axe.gif
    For instance, Yog'sfir; Yiol'vr; Wr'oish
    Power weapons have enchantment slots that are filled each game at random from a pool of effects. A roll is made when using them, to determine what slot is activated when. Once a slot is activated, it cannot be reactivated, and to roll for it again, will cause a negative impact on the player equal to the effect on an npc.

The idea is a horror monster vibe, with undead variants as well. With demonic bosses, or a variant there of, which for this world, are dragon half breeds.

The world will be generated to be visible at 4x4 tiles, and fade out the further you try to see. Attacks will rely on rolls, and stats will apply to most aspects of the game. I have some ideas for a GUI but nothing solid yet.

The Team:
    Sara - Graphics Concept Artist
    Myself - Graphics pixel, music and effects
    Kasra - Programmer
    Daniel - Writer
    Rainbow - Room Designer
    Flaiming Unicorn - Room Designer
    Puppy - Music/SFX

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 3:27 PM
    pixeltroid, frd, ReidDC and 4 others like this.
  2. Toque

Toque Member

Cool weapons

3. Chungsie

Chungsie Member

thanks, now with a lore writer we will have more depth to the game :) we are trying to find a room designer for our in-house room editor.
    [​IMG]