• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Just upgraded, a question about GMS2 content and a suggestion about JSDOC options

K

KurtisB

I just upgraded and love the GMS2 experience so far.

Question: Are there plans to make finding new GMS2 stuff (filtering on marketplace and here I suppose). I'm sure the import functionality makes most 1.4 stuff compatible, but I'd like to be able to look at new GMS2 specific stuff.

Request/Suggestion/Idea: I love JSDoc functionality being part of scripts now, but turning on the GML options to show params type and description make it unreadable/unusable. If we turned those options on, is having a 2nd line below the scr_name_of_script(param1, param2) show the type/description?

EXAMPLE:
jsdoc param:

/// @param {real} text_scale - (Optional) | Default: 1, scale you want text drawn to

Rolling over text_scale param (seen at bottom of text editor window):
8/12 Col:26 Ch:23 scr_draw_text_custom(text_x, text_y, text, text_scale, drop_shadow);
(Optional) | Default: 1, scale you want text drawn to