• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE JUST UPDATED TO LATEST UPDDATE AND NOW MY PROJECT IS BLANK WHEN I OPEN IT?

JUST UPDATED TO LATEST UPDDATE AND NOW MY PROJECT IS BLANK WHEN I OPEN IT? if i look in windows file explore all files are still there but whne i try to open the project it opens a blank project. how do i fix this?

rIKmAN

JUST UPDATED TO LATEST UPDDATE AND NOW MY PROJECT IS BLANK WHEN I OPEN IT? if i look in windows file explore all files are still there but whne i try to open the project it opens a blank project. how do i fix this?
1) Please don't post in all caps, your post isn't any more important than anyone elses and most people manage to write normally.
2) This is a known issue which will be fixed - have a read through the release thread for more information and others which issues.
3) If you aren't using backups or source control, let this be a good time to look into it and set it up for future safety.

For now you can roll back to the previous version until YYG release a hotfix which shouldn't be too long in coming.

1) Please don't post in all caps, your post isn't any more important than anyone elses and most people manage to write normally.
2) This is a known issue which will be fixed - have a read through the release thread for more information and others which issues.
3) If you aren't using backups or source control, let this be a good time to look into it and set it up for future safety.

For now you can roll back to the previous version until YYG release a hotfix which shouldn't be too long in coming.
sorry I didn't realize right away I had caps on that's why only part of it is in caps, and is it really that big of a deal? Also I'm not sure what the "and most people manage to write normally.'' comment was about but it sounded just a bit rude as if it was meant as an insult? and perhaps you should re-read your comment unless that is considered normal writing. But anyways I'm sorry and I'm not most people btw, I am handicapped with one good hand and the other hand partially works but not so well as I was injured at a young age and cut all the muscle, tendons, nerves and so on in the palm of hand and cut off (but where reattached) my first 2 fingers on that hand so forgive me if I'm not the best with a keyboard. again I'm sorry and thanks for your reply, and I already just rolled back before I saw your reply.

rIKmAN

sorry I didn't realize right away I had caps on that's why only part of it is in caps, and is it really that big of a deal?
It was polite advice to a new user (you) on how to use the forum correctly and become a part of the community.
Would you start a new job and go in wearing a tracksuit and shouting at people, or would you try and integrate smoothly and follow the existing rules and etiquette already set out and followed by everyone already working there? Same principle here.

Is it a big deal? Not on it's own no, but if not addressed (like me pointing it out to you) and everyone does it then it can turn into a giant mess of all caps threads fighting for attention and it looks like utter dogsh*t trying to read it.

This isn't me picking on you btw, it's part of the forums Community Guidelines:
Please do not:
Post in all CAPS or use excessive color, bold or large text, or special fonts, or any other excessive formatting. Instead use them sparingly for emphasis.
If you haven't already read them then you can familiarise yourself with them here.
Also I'm not sure what the "and most people manage to write normally.'' comment was about but it sounded just a bit rude as if it was meant as an insult? and perhaps you should re-read your comment unless that is considered normal writing.
Trust me, if I was trying to insult you - I would have insulted you.
I wouldn't have politely suggested you write "normally" (ie. not in all caps like you did) like 99% of other users do on the forum - take a look down the thread list and see how many all-caps threads you can see...

Not sure what you are referring to with regard to re-reading my comment because it's not considered normal.
It's not all caps, it lists 3 things relevant to your issue and has a final line of advice to help workaround your current issue.

Seems pretty normal to me.
But anyways I'm sorry and I'm not most people btw, I am handicapped with one good hand and the other hand partially works but not so well as I was injured at a young age and cut all the muscle, tendons, nerves and so on in the palm of hand and cut off (but where reattached) my first 2 fingers on that hand so forgive me if I'm not the best with a keyboard. again I'm sorry and thanks for your reply, and I already just rolled back before I saw your reply.
No need for apologies, as I said it was polite advice with regards to the forum etiquette/guidelines, that's all.

Keep an eye out for the hotfix and test again when that drops, in the meantime as I mentioned earlier make sure you have backups / source control in place to prevent any loss of your work. It didn't happen this time, but the next time it might corrupt files and so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Welcome to the community.

thanks guys! also is source control only available for paid subscriptions? im on free till closer to build but i cant figure out how to enable source control on my project. I only want it on current project and i went to general main enable but all the options on top tool bar of source control is just grayed out

gnysek

is source control only available for paid subscriptions?
For paid subscriptions it's supported inside IDE, but you can use it without problem outside of it (I'm preffering this way much more), as git is freeware and standalone software. If you don't like command line tools, then there are free graphical interfaces for git, like TortoiseGit, SourceTree, GitAhead, Github Dekstop (this one is bad IMHO), and more (but beware, some which pretend to be free doesn't support private repositories). Github and Bitbucket have free private repos to host too, so you don't need to pay a penny to have source control support.

For paid subscriptions it's supported inside IDE, but you can use it without problem outside of it (I'm preffering this way much more), as git is freeware and standalone software. If you don't like command line tools, then there are free graphical interfaces for git, like TortoiseGit, SourceTree, GitAhead, Github Dekstop (this one is bad IMHO), and more (but beware, some which pretend to be free doesn't support private repositories). Github and Bitbucket have free private repos to host too, so you don't need to pay a penny to have source control support.
i figured it out already but thank you, using git hub desktop