• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Just switched to 2.3, where is the list of scripts?

bsabiston

This is probably a stupid question but how do I see all my scripts now? Or my Sprites, Sounds, etc? The Asset Browser isn't showing any of that...

bsabiston

All it showed was Quick Access. (Recent, Favorites, Room Order, etc). There was nothing below it.

I did get it to show up by typing something in the Search bar. Suddenly all the things were there.
But the disclosure triangles don't work on the list. I cannot open/close groups. Also I cannot scroll, so I only see whatever fits in that window.

Is this just a bug with the Mac IDE? They don't seem to maintain it as well. Also I am on macOS High Sierra, so maybe that has something to do with it.

aaand now it says "GMS has become unstable. Save your work and quit"...

chamaeleon

There is no explicit hierarchy of assets anymore. Create your own groups (right click and select Create Group) and name them Sprites, Sounds, Objects, Rooms, etc., or anything else, and put your assets in them. And you're free to mix assets of different types in the same group if desired. For a newly created project, there should be one asset, a room, not within a group.

bsabiston

I think it was just something screwy with the state of the IDE. I restarted and it is working now.

@chamaelon that may be true with new GMS projects, but I guess when I converted my 2.2.5 project it preserved the old heirarchy, because it is all still there.

rIKmAN

I think it was just something screwy with the state of the IDE. I restarted and it is working now.

@chamaelon that may be true with new GMS projects, but I guess when I converted my 2.2.5 project it preserved the old heirarchy, because it is all still there.
New projects in 2.3 will still create the old style default folders unless you turn it off in Preferences.
You can find the option at File > Preferences > Asset Browser > Create default folders in new project

Assets can now be grouped however you like though so it's really just a convenience thing for people who prefer only having certain folders for certain types of assets.