• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Just purchased GameMaker Studio 2 and I have 3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iSoloGaming

How many computers can I install GMS2 on? I bought the $99USD version.
I read that it is up to 3 computers on some posts but they were old posts, can anyone confirm?
Same question for GMS1.4 - How many computers can I run it on?
If I can install it on multiple machines, can I also simultaneously run them? I don't think so but why not ask :)

On my YoYo account it says:
GameMaker: Studio Professional | Granted by Studio 2 ownership
Where is the license key? Because I installed GMS1.4 with the free key before I decided to purchase GMS2 which granted me the access to GMS1.4 Pro.

Since I purchased the Desktop Module for GMS2, does it mean I can ONLY develop for the PC? Furthermore, does it mean I cannot even develop for Mobile, Web and UWP ONLY as a test? Because I read in a previous post that it let's you develop for other modules but it won't let you export it. Everything will work but only on the PC in a test environment. Sorta like a Virtual Machine. Is that true? What about GMS1.4 Pro, which was granted to me free of charge? Same question.

Thank you in advance.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You can have three concurrent installs of GMS 1.4 or GMS2 (ie: up to three machines).
There is no licence key for 1.4 when you get it bundled with 2.0. You should log in to 1.4 using the same YoYo Account details that you used for 2.0 and the licence should update (you can force this in 1.4 from the Help > Update Licence option).
The Desktop module permits you to publish to Windows, Mac and Ubuntu (Linux). GMS2 does not have a "test" function for the other modules (and 1.4 Pro only permits testing on Android apart from the desktop export, nothing else). This may change in a future update, but currently this is how things are.

You can have three concurrent installs of GMS 1.4 or GMS2 (ie: up to three machines).
There is no licence key for 1.4 when you get it bundled with 2.0. You should log in to 1.4 using the same YoYo Account details that you used for 2.0 and the licence should update (you can force this in 1.4 from the Help > Update Licence option).
The Desktop module permits you to publish to Windows, Mac and Ubuntu (Linux). GMS2 does not have a "test" function for the other modules (and 1.4 Pro only permits testing on Android apart from the desktop export, nothing else). This may change in a future update, but currently this is how things are.
It'd be great if you guys could get tests working for other modules. I think that'd drive a lot of extra sales for you. Feels a little weird buying a module without seeing it work first, and seeing their game on a phone or whatever will probably make people think "cool, I need this!"

I

iSoloGaming

So is it 3 each? So 6? Sorry for the redundant questions. Thanks I will force it though the Update License Option
I see... Well... I would LOVE to develop for Web and Mobile as well... I also see a UWP option which would be cool to try. Though as a beginner I think the Desktop module is plenty to start with.

Thank you!

It'd be great if you guys could get tests working for other modules. I think that'd drive a lot of extra sales for you. Feels a little weird buying a module without seeing it work first, and seeing their game on a phone or whatever will probably make people think "cool, I need this!"
Yes I totally agree. Some sort of Demo option must be available. It only makes sense.
They just need money to support their project now so I guess that's why it's the way it is. At least the Desktop module isn't too expensive.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
This isn't currently in our plans. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.