• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Just installed trial version and get error trying to run anything from IDE, even a fresh blank project.

C

caran neònach

I get the following error in the output when I try to run any project, even a fresh blank one:

"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.3.1.409/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.kjxMyS/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Run

FAILED: Run Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window.
I followed the paths listed above, and in this on…
"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono"
…there is no folder called "Commands" in the "Current" (only) version folder.

I've never used GMS before – this is a fresh, first-time install.

Any ideas?

IDE: 2.3.1.542
Runtime: 2.3.1.409
macOS 10.14.6

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You need to install the full version of Mono for Mac. See: GMS 2 Required SDKs
  • Mono 6 is required to be installed on your Mac, otherwise you won't be able to build any projects - if for any reason this fails to be installed automatically by GMS2 you can download the installer from https://download.mono-project.com/a...-MDK-6.10.0.104.macos10.xamarin.universal.pkg
  • Xcode is required to be installed separately before you can build any "Apple platform" packages - see the macOS and iOS/iPadOS/tvOS sections below for specifics.
  • In general, we would always recommend using the latest non-Beta Xcode release, as this is the version Apple want you to be using. If this is not supported on your Mac, then we will try to support you as long as we can, but Apple will eventually stop your machine from being able to build App Store apps and there is nothing we can do about this.
  • An Apple Developer account is required before you can use Xcode, and you will need Xcode to build and codesign the application as per Apple's platform requirements - and this developer account will need to be the paid version if you want to give your app to anyone else (only dev testing on your own machine is free these days). If you are a school/business, you only need one Apple account - you don't need one per student/staff member!