• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Just bought GMS 2 on Steam and I don't have a license key

K

KatieMarie999

Hey, I'm new to the GMS community and was really looking forward to working with this, but when I bought it on steam, I apparently made the fatal error of already having an account here so the license key didn't transfer or something. It's telling me to enter a license key but I don't have one on my account and I can't find it on Steam. Apparently this phantom license key needs to be purchased. I just purchased the program. Did I not get a license key?

Basically I log in when I open the program and it asks for a license key. I checked the site, which has no license key. I scour Steam, no license key. I cannot find this issue anywhere on google. How do I fix this?

EDIT: Now when I log in, it literally just says "no license found" and closes. I just spent $75 to basically be told I never bought the program. I've tried license recovery but my account says all the licenses are already applied, but when I go to products, it asks me to purchase GMS 2 again.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KatieMarie999

Thanks, I finally got it. I really wish Steam posted this somewhere. I can't be the only one who had this problem.