• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Idea Just a crappy game idea

V

Virtual Mage

I gave the project the title of "Copycat".

Basically, it's a puzzle game. You start off with the default character, that has the ability to steal other people's identity. This would work like killing a guard, and you'd have the character in your list. Then you can choose to morph into it, and simply just show up it's card and it'll let you into the secured building.
There would be only a melee attack, and of course if an AI sees you morphing or attacking someone, it will start chasing (and sometimes shooting, if it has a ranged weapon) you.

Morphing itself would take up to a few seconds, but also when getting too near to someone for too long, your original form would be revealed.

Objectives can have a giant range. But for an example, robbing a bank could be one.

Not sure if there's a game like this (there surely is but I don't know about it/them), but yeah. I myself started working on it, but the thing is, I'm not sure if I can make the graphics up or not. Also sure there are more talented people who can program this game much better than me. So if you have no idea what game to make, and you like the idea, then feel free to make one based on this. (If you do so, some credit would be appreciated, but not necessary)

Thanks for reading :3

Genetix

That's actually a pretty good idea - first thoughts were Kirby and Animorphs, not sure of any modern games that approach or quite from that angle though.

Yeah, the Princess Peach segments of Paper Mario in the later stages of the games. But not as a major mechanic by any sense of the term.

This sounds pretty awesome. It's not a crappy idea. Please rename this thread to give yourself more credit.

S

sAint

I agree, it sounds pretty fun. Like a 2D Hitman game. I'd play it. It also reminds me of this flash game I forgot the name of where you play an alien creature who kills animals and people and take on their traits (you would then use these traits to solve puzzles).

V

Virtual Mage

thanks for the response guys.

Also funny how I didn't know any of the games you mentioned xD Except for Hitman, I heard the title once lol.

S

sAint

In Hitman you don't shape shift but take the guy you took out's outfit and use it as a disguise. I also found that alien game I talked about. Its called The Visitor and it's sequel, The Visitor Returns. They're both flash games, like I said, so you can check them out without manually downloading anything if you want. They're also pretty short.

S

sAint

It depends on the kinds of puzzles we're talking about. If we're talking, "take the form of a police officer to gain access to police files and delete them" then I don't think I've ever seen Kirby do that.

It seems like that's more the angle Virtual Mage is going for so its more like Hitman in that regard. That's not really a game-breaker though. Just need have something to set it apart from similar games.