Jumping Projectile?

C

ChrisMG12

I'm a young beginner with no idea how to code, i just started using Game Maker, I was able to make all my sprites for a 2D platformer and decided that whenever the character jumps a blue beam will launch him up. However during the making of that sprite, I realized that whenever the character would jump the beam should be a separate object or else the beam will move along with him while moving mid-air.

Can anyone please provide me with a basic tutorial on how to do this, or just tell me the basics on how it works.
Thanks.

C

ChrisMG12

BTW, if anyone is wondering, the distance the jump should cover is 90 px.
Also the button for jumping is the up button in the keyboard.

Mr Errorz

I'm a young beginner with no idea how to code, i just started using Game Maker, I was able to make all my sprites for a 2D platformer and decided that whenever the character jumps a blue beam will launch him up. However during the making of that sprite, I realized that whenever the character would jump the beam should be a separate object or else the beam will move along with him while moving mid-air.

Can anyone please provide me with a basic tutorial on how to do this, or just tell me the basics on how it works.
Thanks.
How about setting up the beam as a separate object,
and have the player obj create an instance of the beam obj each time the player jumps?

C

ChrisMG12

Really? Is there a way u can do that via drag and drop. (Sorry if this is troublesome, I am just really new at this stuff)

Mr Errorz

I guess there is, but i haven't used Drag&Drop in a long while..
I think there is a create instance icon in the Objects part of the interface,
look for that, and use it when your player starts a jump.

I don't know how your player obj is set up so i can;t really help more than that.