GM:S 1.4 Jumper Engine

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Yambam, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Yambam

Yambam Member

Jumper Engine

GM Version: GM:Studio
    Target Platform: All
    Download: http://gamemaker.mooo.com/games/4-jumper-engine
    Links: N/A

Summary:
    This is a platforming engine with wall jumping, skid jumping and double jumping. You could use it to create a Jumper fan game with Ogmo (or your own character).

[​IMG]
    The first level.

[​IMG]
    The second level: with gray, green, white, teal, purple and yellow stars. Respectively: no double jump, infinite jumps, invincibility, no wall jump, reverse and 'return to normal'.

[​IMG]
    Last level level: all doors.

Tutorial:
    No tutorial, try the example and learn from there.

2. chance

chance predictably random Forum Staff Moderator

The source file for download is a GM8 (.gmk) file. Not a Studio file as you indicated. I imported it into Studio, however, to see if it was compatible. Unfortunately, it was not.

The first error was an obsolete function (show_info) which I just commented out. Beyond that, there were several fatal errors involving scripts (skin_draw) not receiving the expected number of arguments. Lastly, much of the code lacks proper line terminations.

The errors should be easy to fix. So it would be much better if you fixed them before posting examples here.

I'll allow this example. But in the future, please review your submissions more carefully for errors. And use proper syntax. We appreciate your contributions, but we want to maintain a reasonable level of quality.

Yambam likes this.
  3. Yambam

Yambam Member

I thought I had already changed it for GM:Studio, but it's now the 60 fps version, which was a modification of an older version, so I forgot to change it again. I just added a .gmz to the downloads and it works perfectly, except for the depth of some of the blocks... I don't know what's wrong with the depth, since it's all looking perfect in the room editor.