Released Juiced! - a retro platform adventure [PC/Mobile/NintendoSwitch]

Type: Platform adventure game. Influenced by Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, Cosmo, Rayman, Mario.
Operating systems: Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch
Resolution: 320x180 (16:9)
Version: 2.06 (updated 02/06/2021)
Players: 1-2 (local co-op)
Download:
-Steam
-Nintendo eShop
-Android (Playstore)
-iOS (Appstore)

An evil wizard is searching for the Eternal Crystals to power his malicious machine.
Help treasure hunter Tiko in his epic quest to find the crystals and save the galaxy from certain doom!

Juiced! is a 2d adventure platformer with exciting gameplay, unique puzzles and challenging bosses.

Features:
-Exciting 2d platform gaming
-Intriguing storyline
-Challenging and funny puzzles
-Fight 80 different enemies
-Discover 30 unique weapons and powerups
-15 unique worlds and boss battles
-Over 10hrs of playtime
-Tons of secret collectibles and bonus stages
-Adjustable difficulty
-Unlockable challenges (Time Trial and YOLO)
-Unlockable outfits
-More than 40 tracks of catchy synthesizer music
-Full gamepad support

Trailer:

Screens:

Goal:
Reach the end of the level alive and defeat the boss.
Collecting fruit fills up your juicemeter. A full meter grants you hyper mode.
Collect coins to buy powerups and weapons.

Optional goals:
- Find three diamonds and enter the bonus stage
- Find the star for extra points
- Defeat all enemies
- Collect all fruit
- Collect all coins
- Complete optional modes: Time trial and YOLO
- Unlock all masks and hats!

Please let me now what you think. Bugs/glitches?

Enjoy!

Last edited:
H

Hamed

When i saw this on your google play page -

[ Installs
1,000 - 5,000 ]

I became happy. I wish you success and more downloads my friend.
GL

When i saw this on your google play page -

[ Installs
1,000 - 5,000 ]

I became happy. I wish you success and more downloads my friend.
GL
Thanks. Sadly without warning my app was suspended from the play store as I violated the metadata policy by mentioning other games in my app description, thereby losing all downloads and ratings :(:(

Guess I'll just start all over again. Here is the new upload:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ibbgames.Juiced

I also updated to version 1.51 which improves the framerate in a lot of rooms.

Finally, new update is out!

This introduces Level 7: Lafez Industries. Make your way through a factory full of transportation pipes, conveyor belts and flame throwers while trying to locate the next Eternal Crystal.
Featuring new enemies, new gameplay elements and even more fun yet to come! It's still a preview, I'm working hard on the rest of the level and I don't want to keep you waiting!

Please let me know what you think! Level 7 is directly accessible from the main menu (Select Level).

All changes in v1.6:
-Level 7 preview
-Added cutscene after level 6
-Bug fix: No sound after focus was lost
-Several bug fixes and improvements

New update is out!

Level 7 is about 70% finished, it's going to be a long one! Added 2 new enemies and a new gameplay element involving a test lab with mixing of special liquids. But watch out, you could mix up something deadly!

Please let me know what you think! Level 7 is directly accessible from the main menu (Select Level).

Repix

Did you just mention Jazz Jackrabbit?! Well that's one heck of a coincidence.

I love this game already.

Alright, I took a look at it on Android. The Art style is very nice and it has a lot of visual comedy, which is awesome! The sound is very nice too along with the cutscenes. Gameplay is as you say very reminiscent of Jazz Jackrabbit which already earns 5 points in my book. The overall controls are also very smooth and the animations are fluid. Though I would prefer the D-Pad being moved a little bit more to the right so my finger doesn't hurt after more than 5 minutes.

I'll give you a review on Google Play a little later!

Last edited:
Did you just mention Jazz Jackrabbit?! Well that's one heck of a coincidence.

I love this game already.

Alright, I took a look at it on Android. The Art style is very nice and it has a lot of visual comedy, which is awesome! The sound is very nice too along with the cutscenes. Gameplay is as you say very reminiscent of Jazz Jackrabbit which already earns 5 points in my book. The overall controls are also very smooth and the animations are fluid. Though I would prefer the D-Pad being moved a little bit more to the right so my finger doesn't hurt after more than 5 minutes.

I'll give you a review on Google Play a little later!
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the feedback, looking forward to your review on Google Play.
I had another look at the D-pad and concluded that you're right! It was quite awkwardly shifted to the left. So I changed the orientation, I hope it's more natural this way.

New update v 1.67:
-Level 7 90% finished. All collectibles are available (star, 3 diamonds, bonus level), but no boss fight yet.
-Fixed a couple of saving issues in Level 7 (Automatically fixes your old savegame)
-Slightly shifted D-pad orientation
-Some minor other bug fixes

Also, level 7 features the return of an old nemesis:

B

Blakkid489

Hello Mr. @Pineapple Lake ,

First I just wanna say I love this game. In fact, I was a little upset after I read in your post that level 7 isn't 100% complete. . . .:eek:
Anyways if you wanna see a play-through I'm doing feel to check out here.

Very fun game and I plan to continue this. However I did find a glitch that had me quite upset.
here's the video proof of this gltich. Hopefully you can fix this

Thanks in advance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbim0915wDQ

Hello Mr. @Pineapple Lake ,

First I just wanna say I love this game. In fact, I was a little upset after I read in your post that level 7 isn't 100% complete. . . .:eek:
Anyways if you wanna see a play-through I'm doing feel to check out here.

Very fun game and I plan to continue this. However I did find a glitch that had me quite upset.
here's the video proof of this gltich. Hopefully you can fix this

Thanks in advance
Hey wow thanks a LOT! I really appreciate that playthrough! You put a lot of work in it and I'm really pleased with the exposure. I fell from my chair laughing when you added that dancing Snoop Dogg!! :D
Again, thank you so much.

Sadly, I can't access that glitch video, it's a private video. I'd love to fix it tough! Maybe you can share it with me on youtube? I subscribed to your channel so you should be able to find me (TimH1989)

B

Blakkid489

Hey wow thanks a LOT! I really appreciate that playthrough! You put a lot of work in it and I'm really pleased with the exposure. I fell from my chair laughing when you added that dancing Snoop Dogg!! :D
Again, thank you so much.

Sadly, I can't access that glitch video, it's a private video. I'd love to fix it tough! Maybe you can share it with me on youtube? I subscribed to your channel so you should be able to find me (TimH1989)
So sorry about that, I went ahead and unlocked the video. I just made it unlisted so only the forum can see it

So sorry about that, I went ahead and unlocked the video. I just made it unlisted so only the forum can see it
Thanks! Indeed, this seems to be a very annoying glitch. Thanks for noticing this!
I fixed it and reuploaded the windows version, so if you redownload it should be fixed (your saves will be unharmed). I will update the Android version tomorrow.

I like clear effort put into the game, but I just can't like the colours, sorry :/
Haha ok thanks, any level or colour palette in particular, what do you suggest?

The colour range is too diverse, especially because the colours are very saturated

You also seem to use too many black outlines that make the scene look a bit chaotic

Otherwise your game looks great :)
Thanks! Yeah it's very diverse, I'm thinking about changing some of the colour palletes, maybe in the future! Also, I'm going to try to keep black outlines only for the objects that are interactive or that move.

New update! Version 1.7
Finally, level 7 is finished! I added a couple of interactive cutscenes and the final boss fight! I hope you like it! Also, I fixed a lot of bugs, for a full list see below.

v1.7
-Finished level 7 including the boss fight and some cutscenes
-Bug fix: Sucktubes not working when in Hyper mode
-Bug fix: No proper saving of opened chests and boxes
-Bug fix: Pushbots do not push when crawling
-Lots of other bug fixes and tweaks

Teaser for the boss fight:

Last edited:
New update v1.71!
I started to work on level 8, a jungle themed world. A (very) sneak peek is available after the level 7 boss fight.
I also added a seperate tutorial level accessible from the main menu to help explaining controls, powerups and weapons.

Also:
-Pushbots in level 7 now also push keys and batteries
-Small changes to Level 7c (made easier)
-Some bug fixes and tweaks

Chase sequence at the end of level 7:

Last edited:

RangerX

Hey, I tried your game tonight! I like it. (am a platformer fan afterall).
I didn't play all the levels though. I will however return to it in time, because afterall its pretty fun. Here's some thoughts:

- Graphics are fine, you have some nice pixel art going on although I do not believe into some color choices.
- You have multiple different art styles in there and honestly, that bugs me. Those circles (menus) are looking generated instead of pixel art. Certain elements (like in cut scenes for instance) look hand drawn instead of pixel art.
- 30 fps for the windows version? :(
- The music is on the "does the job" level. I won't buy the album but that's fine.
- The gameplay is generally fun, traditional, pretty much what you'd expect from this time of game. However, you still made it fun because the feel of game is good and its polished enough to make us play more than 5 mins.
- Options? Where are the options?
- Controls are fine although I find the character a bit floaty. Choices of keys isn't my thing though. I wish there was a key configuration option.
- Wish I could simply controls everything without the mouse (not necessarily removing the mouse support here)
- You are good with animations! Actually I think that's what really stand out here and what you should capitalise on in matter of visuals.

Good job and keep up. There's much efforts being put into that game and it shows afterall. :)

Last edited:
Hey, I tried your game tonight! I like it. (am a platformer fan afterall).
I didn't play all the levels though. I will however return to it in time, because afterall its pretty fun. Here's some thoughts:

- Graphics are fine, you have some nice pixel art going on although I do not believe into some color choices.
- You have multiple different art styles in there and honestly, that bugs me. Those circles (menus) are looking generated instead of pixel art. Certain elements (like in cut scenes for instance) look hand drawn instead of pixel art.
- The music is on the "does the job" level. I won't buy the album but that's fine.
- The gameplay is generally fun, traditional, pretty much what you'd expect from this time of game. However, you still made it fun because the feel of game is good and its polished enough to make us play more than 5 mins.
- Controls are fine although I find the character a bit floaty. Choices of keys isn't my thing though. I wish there was a key configuration option.
- Wish I could simply controls everything without the mouse (not necessarily removing the mouse support here)
- You are good with animations! Actually I think that's what really stand out here and what you should capitalise on in matter of visuals.

Good job and keep up. There's much efforts being put into that game and it shows afterall. :)
Thanks a lot! Here are some of my thoughts:

Absolutely right. I changed the menu circles into sprites in the oncoming update. The choice for hand drawn sprites some cutscenes is deliberate. I'm planning on making even more.

Haha yeah why not? I don't see why 60fps would necessarily be better. 30fps saves cpu!

What kind of options would you like?

Yeah you're right, that's a thing. I'll think about it. It's going to be a tough job.

Everything mouse related is also controllable with the digit keys (1,2,3,4)!

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and the compliments!

RangerX

About the 60 fps I suppose this comes from our gaming culture.
60 fps is ALWAYS better than 30 fps and would value your game much! I wouldn't necessarily push this for mobile but on windows there isn't much reason not too. I mean, it won't be a problem for 99,9% of people to run it (unless your game really is badly coded / organised) and historically, most (if not all) great platformers are 60 fps. Even Super Mario Bros, the most famous pioneer of the genre on the NES, is 60fps...

YanBG

Thanks. Sadly without warning my app was suspended from the play store as I violated the metadata policy by mentioning other games in my app description, thereby losing all downloads and ratings :(:(
Feels bad man!

I'm not really a pixel art fan, so i like the hand-drawn cutscenes more. Not sure how much time they took you to make but replacing more of the game world with them would definitely give you better mainstream appeal.

About the 60 fps I suppose this comes from our gaming culture.
60 fps is ALWAYS better than 30 fps and would value your game much! I wouldn't necessarily push this for mobile but on windows there isn't much reason not too. I mean, it won't be a problem for 99,9% of people to run it (unless your game really is badly coded / organised) and historically, most (if not all) great platformers are 60 fps. Even Super Mario Bros, the most famous pioneer of the genre on the NES, is 60fps...
It's a difficult decision. I guess it would make the game a bit smoother. But, I use the same project for the windows and android version, so it's either both or none, on android it would really ask a lot more from the cpu.
BUT the major problem is, if I'd switch to 60fps it means I need to change all speeds and alarms, which basically means rewriting every line of code. So I think I'm going to pass!

@YanBG thanks! (And thanks for your feedback on reddit). I'll get a new update out soon with a completely illustrated intro story!

Thanks again for all your feedback!

New update! Version 1.72. Kind of an 'arty' update. The first part of the intro story has been redone and is now completely illustrated! Also, some of the tilesets (Grass, Moon temple, City) got updated.
I completely redid some of the art, like the boss spaceship.
As requested, I added an option to change the music and sfx volume, as well as WASD controls.

Enjoy! I still desperately need your feedback!

Boss spaceship update:

Screen of the intro story:

All changes:
v1.72
-Intro story changed and now fully illustrated!
-Added option to change music and sfx volume
-Redone boss spaceship and boss ice speeder art
-Updated City, Moon temple and Grass tilesets
-Replaced CG circles in main menu with sprites
-[PC] Added WASD controls
-Bug fix: Wrong offset ice mountain background in [Level6 - room1]
-Bug fix: Absent hurt sound and flicker in [Level3 - room1]
-Small bug fixes and tweaks

The past few weeks I've been working on the jungle themed Level 8.
Here is a small preview of what I've designed so far:

This level will feature a lot of moving platforms and vines, like this swinging trapeze:

The jungle is inhabited by the hostile Beard People. They're small, bearded (duh!) and carry sharp forks (or tridents). When you get near they'll throw their fork at you!
BUT, they are very scared of the Eater, a spider like monster that loves Beard People for dinner. When an Eater is nearby, they'll initially try to attack it, but will eventually run.
Of course, they are no match for the Eater, as you'll see below! Currently, to you the Eater is friendly (but I might change this).

More is coming soon!

Last edited:
Man, this brings me back to that DOS-era. I played the first 2 levels and definitely want to play more when I have the time. There is some inconsistency in the graphics. I'm personally not a fan of the soft shading/anti-aliasing look of certain things. Still, to be fair, a lot of those old games this is inspired by kinda looked like that. All in all, it's fun and plays well which is the most important.

RowdyCoder

Wow. This is very cool. Loving the graphics for this. I'm gonna put it on my daughters phone and have her give it a go.

Man, this brings me back to that DOS-era. I played the first 2 levels and definitely want to play more when I have the time. There is some inconsistency in the graphics. I'm personally not a fan of the soft shading/anti-aliasing look of certain things. Still, to be fair, a lot of those old games this is inspired by kinda looked like that. All in all, it's fun and plays well which is the most important.
Thank you! I try to limit the soft shading/aa graphics to the background, menu's and some of the cutscenes. It feels best this way and I like the contrast it creates with the pixelated graphics.

Wow. This is very cool. Loving the graphics for this. I'm gonna put it on my daughters phone and have her give it a go.
Thanks a lot! I hope she likes it!

Z

zendraw

the game looks nice, but i think you shuld rename it, Juiced is alredy a game it has even a second part, Juiced 2. its a racing game.

B

BitmapSkies

Absoloutely fantastic game , been hooked on it all week im recording my own walkthrough in high quality encoded 1080 with dxtory locking it to 60fps !
I don't know where to start, the pixel art is similar to my style so ive zero complaints there , i actualy like the high contrast colours , it reminds me of the snes game B.O.B.
I can tell you have put a tremendous ammount of effort into creating all the unique characters (the boulder dudes remind me of arghhh real monsters) and soooo many different items and pickups (must have taken you ages to create all that lol).
Music is well thought out and dymanicaly matches the game depending on the level and situation.
The physics all feel smooth and flows great for a 16 bit style platformer , i like how the game eases you in to the point later on you are pulling off risky trick jumps when you get good enough.
Level design is well thought out (i struggle with this) the game gradualy builds you up in skill and there is always somthing interesting going on in every section, the cut scenes trasition perfectly into levels (again a lot of thought and planning has clearly gone into this) and the game will gradualy increase in difficulty as you progress through the stunning and well detailed themed environments.
All in all i just can't praise this game enough however i have just a few questions and suggestions.
1. what is YOLO mode ?
2. i would like it if i could have the view stretched to fill the screen for the windows version only
3. i was forced to use joy2key for the controls and even then i still had to take my hand off to use the mouse for power ups and menus due to no controls, 360 controls would be great
ill edit this post soon with a link to the walkthrough (im trying to do a "collect everything 100% kills no death lol"

I can't wait for the update so i can complete the game fully - lots of replay value, i havent been this addicted to a gamemaker platformer in ages so thank you for all the hardwork and even motivating me to start making games again :)

the game looks nice, but i think you shuld rename it, Juiced is alredy a game it has even a second part, Juiced 2. its a racing game.
Thanks. I think the name will be fine, since this is a different genre entirely and a discontinued franchise from over 10 years ago. And it's not that I'm a professional publisher or anything, just a hobbyist. :p

Absoloutely fantastic game , been hooked on it all week im recording my own walkthrough in high quality encoded 1080 with dxtory locking it to 60fps !
I don't know where to start, the pixel art is similar to my style so ive zero complaints there , i actualy like the high contrast colours , it reminds me of the snes game B.O.B.
I can tell you have put a tremendous ammount of effort into creating all the unique characters (the boulder dudes remind me of arghhh real monsters) and soooo many different items and pickups (must have taken you ages to create all that lol).
Music is well thought out and dymanicaly matches the game depending on the level and situation.
The physics all feel smooth and flows great for a 16 bit style platformer , i like how the game eases you in to the point later on you are pulling off risky trick jumps when you get good enough.
Level design is well thought out (i struggle with this) the game gradualy builds you up in skill and there is always somthing interesting going on in every section, the cut scenes trasition perfectly into levels (again a lot of thought and planning has clearly gone into this) and the game will gradualy increase in difficulty as you progress through the stunning and well detailed themed environments.
All in all i just can't praise this game enough however i have just a few questions and suggestions.
1. what is YOLO mode ?
2. i would like it if i could have the view stretched to fill the screen for the windows version only
3. i was forced to use joy2key for the controls and even then i still had to take my hand off to use the mouse for power ups and menus due to no controls, 360 controls would be great
ill edit this post soon with a link to the walkthrough (im trying to do a "collect everything 100% kills no death lol"

I can't wait for the update so i can complete the game fully - lots of replay value, i havent been this addicted to a gamemaker platformer in ages so thank you for all the hardwork and even motivating me to start making games again :)
Hey thank you so much! I had a hard time finding motivation to make more levels, but you made my day!

I really appreciate all the feedback! Let me try and answer your questions:

1. You Only Live Once mode, meaning you only get 1 life, meaning beating the level without dying.
2. You mean stretched to another aspect ratio to get rid of the black bars? Like widescreen? Beware, this will make all textures stretched and ugly.
3. Sorry, there is no support for gamepad yet. I wasn't planning on it because it's quite a lot of work...but maybe I'll reconsider it, since you're not the first one requesting this. BTW, on the computer you can use 1,2,3 and 4 to select items, maybe you can map these to your gamepad?

Thanks again! Not sure when I finish the next update, I've made all objects and enemies for level 8, what still remains is level design...
How is your perfect score going? ;)

B

BitmapSkies

Thanks. I think the name will be fine, since this is a different genre entirely and a discontinued franchise from over 10 years ago. And it's not that I'm a professional publisher or anything, just a hobbyist. :p

Hey thank you so much! I had a hard time finding motivation to make more levels, but you made my day!

I really appreciate all the feedback! Let me try and answer your questions:

1. You Only Live Once mode, meaning you only get 1 life, meaning beating the level without dying.
2. You mean stretched to another aspect ratio to get rid of the black bars? Like widescreen? Beware, this will make all textures stretched and ugly.
3. Sorry, there is no support for gamepad yet. I wasn't planning on it because it's quite a lot of work...but maybe I'll reconsider it, since you're not the first one requesting this. BTW, on the computer you can use 1,2,3 and 4 to select items, maybe you can map these to your gamepad?

Thanks again! Not sure when I finish the next update, I've made all objects and enemies for level 8, what still remains is level design...
How is your perfect score going? ;)
Hehe no problems :D im actualy playing right now, looks like yolo mode is what i need to tackle lol. Wide screen is fine i done a lot of research on this matter and i found a sombody having the same questions he figured 384Ă—216 was the sweet spot and i tried it on my own game and it worked no pixel distortion on my 1080p screen pin sharp :)

G

Guest User

Really awesome game! Already played v1.5, but this was (sadly) discontinued by the Play Store (as I read in this topic) and I hadn't noticed some updates took place. So here's my opinion.

Prologue
Really nice cut-scenes! Too bad to see the starting scene where he was gardening removed, I quite likely it :p
Overall good improvements from the previous version, and the story is introduced nicely. The whole art style is a little funny, but the bad-guys are sometimes a little stiff. Nevertheless a good start!

Level 1: Tahina Fields
Good introductory level with a start tutorial. I don't quite understand why you added a seperate tutorial, but that's your choice. I do however would like to mention the same thing as I contacted you about. It is unclear to me that you are able to throw object upwards using the -up- key. Perhaps you could make this a little clearer? Only, the boss appears a little randomly, he's not quite part of the story at all. This is especially the case in levels 1, 2 and 3. Incorporating in the story at this point is a little difficult, so I won't advice you to do so, but to keep it in mind for future levels!

Level 2: Awesome to see good use for trees for platforming elements.

Level 3: Nice to see some good variation in the level design here! Water definitely adds something! Good job. Boss is quite tough at first :p I got a question, is this upper passage to be used for something? PS: no need to spoil the fun for others, you can send me a PM :)

Level 4: I'm not a quite fan of the setting, but I do like how you incorporated it into the story. Also, the boss really fits the level! Got another question.
Those paintings are sometimes blue and red. However, I can't seem the find out when one gets activated and when one doesn't...
http://g2f.nl/0rqrj20

Level 5: Ice is definitely a nice element, and you used it just as it should.

Level 6: Ah the big city. Really nice scenery and you made a good use of cranes for transport. Too big I couldn't test out the shooting range because I had too few coins :(

Level 7: Interesting gameplay inside the factory. Certain aspects are difficult to find out, but when you run out of options, one has to try out something :) That's what I particularly like about the game, sometimes it feels you're completely stuck, and then you discover a new aspect which amazes you and you play for another 30 minutes :p

Found a bug in level 7 boss, see spoiler
http://g2f.nl/0gztooz
http://g2f.nl/0qmybss

I finished the first three points, and then I "fell" out of the flying thing. I ran at the bottom of the screen and the thing just moved along my x-coordinate but kept at the top of the screen. Not particularly sure why it happened nor how, but I couldn't do anything but walk and die, so I had to give up that life :(

Overall, you did a tremendous job at creating a whole world. Just love the combination of creative level design with so many different enemies, elements and original features :D
Please keep on working on the next level, I'm really looking forward to it.

To other readers: like platforms and like to find out an amazing world of pixel art on your own without too much help? Definitely play this game!

Really awesome game! Already played v1.5, but this was (sadly) discontinued by the Play Store (as I read in this topic) and I hadn't noticed some updates took place. So here's my opinion.

Prologue
Really nice cut-scenes! Too bad to see the starting scene where he was gardening removed, I quite likely it :p
Overall good improvements from the previous version, and the story is introduced nicely. The whole art style is a little funny, but the bad-guys are sometimes a little stiff. Nevertheless a good start!

Level 1: Tahina Fields
Good introductory level with a start tutorial. I don't quite understand why you added a seperate tutorial, but that's your choice. I do however would like to mention the same thing as I contacted you about. It is unclear to me that you are able to throw object upwards using the -up- key. Perhaps you could make this a little clearer? Only, the boss appears a little randomly, he's not quite part of the story at all. This is especially the case in levels 1, 2 and 3. Incorporating in the story at this point is a little difficult, so I won't advice you to do so, but to keep it in mind for future levels!

Level 2: Awesome to see good use for trees for platforming elements.

Level 3: Nice to see some good variation in the level design here! Water definitely adds something! Good job. Boss is quite tough at first :p I got a question, is this upper passage to be used for something? PS: no need to spoil the fun for others, you can send me a PM :)

Level 4: I'm not a quite fan of the setting, but I do like how you incorporated it into the story. Also, the boss really fits the level! Got another question.
Those paintings are sometimes blue and red. However, I can't seem the find out when one gets activated and when one doesn't...
http://g2f.nl/0rqrj20

Level 5: Ice is definitely a nice element, and you used it just as it should.

Level 6: Ah the big city. Really nice scenery and you made a good use of cranes for transport. Too big I couldn't test out the shooting range because I had too few coins :(

Level 7: Interesting gameplay inside the factory. Certain aspects are difficult to find out, but when you run out of options, one has to try out something :) That's what I particularly like about the game, sometimes it feels you're completely stuck, and then you discover a new aspect which amazes you and you play for another 30 minutes :p

Found a bug in level 7 boss, see spoiler
http://g2f.nl/0gztooz
http://g2f.nl/0qmybss

I finished the first three points, and then I "fell" out of the flying thing. I ran at the bottom of the screen and the thing just moved along my x-coordinate but kept at the top of the screen. Not particularly sure why it happened nor how, but I couldn't do anything but walk and die, so I had to give up that life :(

Overall, you did a tremendous job at creating a whole world. Just love the combination of creative level design with so many different enemies, elements and original features :D
Please keep on working on the next level, I'm really looking forward to it.

To other readers: like platforms and like to find out an amazing world of pixel art on your own without too much help? Definitely play this game!
Thank you so much! You really played all the way through, wow! I really appreciate it!

It's great that you still remember the first intro!
Let me respond to your feedback:

-As for the tutorial: multiple people requested this, I guess they wanted to start any level without playing through all previous levels.
-The up + throw thing. Indeed, it's not explained very clearly. It's mentioned in the tutorial, but only for weapons, not pickups. I think I'll add an extra area in level 1 where it's necessary to up+throw a pickup.
-The bosses in level 1-3 are indeed not story related. It's because I made these levels a lot earlier when there was no story yet. I have some ideas to incorporate them in the story though...good idea!
-The first spoiler thing: I'll send you a pm!
-The 2nd spoiler: Not really a spoiler...but the more opaque pictures change into enemies. Now that I look again...it's not very clear to make out...at all...maybe I'll make it a bit more obvious!
-About the shooting range: That really is too bad...I'll lay out some more coins so there no way to miss it
-3rd spoiler: Strange! I thought I tested that thoroughly! Indeed a bug, back to testing!

Again, thank you so much for all your feedback! It really keeps me going.

And...level 8 is almost finished! (no boss yet though) I expect to release it in a couple of weeks!

G

Guest User

-As for the tutorial: multiple people requested this, I guess they wanted to start any level without playing through all previous levels.
I understand, although I felt for me as you decided to put it in twice. But that's probably because I played levels 1 - 4 already.

-The up + throw thing. Indeed, it's not explained very clearly. It's mentioned in the tutorial, but only for weapons, not pickups. I think I'll add an extra area in level 1 where it's necessary to up+throw a pickup.
Great!
-The bosses in level 1-3 are indeed not story related. It's because I made these levels a lot earlier when there was no story yet. I have some ideas to incorporate them in the story though...good idea!
Nice, that will further enhance the player experience!
-The first spoiler thing: I'll send you a pm!
Thanks for your PM! Could have guessed it :p
-The 2nd spoiler: Not really a spoiler...but the more opaque pictures change into enemies. Now that I look again...it's not very clear to make out...at all...maybe I'll make it a bit more obvious!
Oh really? I never noticed a difference, except for the blue/red pictures, which on their turn showed no difference in playing experience either...
-About the shooting range: That really is too bad...I'll lay out some more coins so there no way to miss it
Well, it's a choice to spend all your coins on other things. Not necessarily a game design flaw. I would leave it as it is, or as you suggest put a chest or so in front so you at least have a few coins.
-3rd spoiler: Strange! I thought I tested that thoroughly! Indeed a bug, back to testing!
Hehe indeed. Good luck fixing it!
Again, thank you so much for all your feedback! It really keeps me going.
And...level 8 is almost finished! (no boss yet though) I expect to release it in a couple of weeks!
You're welcome. And that's nice to hear. As soon as it's available, I'll post my opinion about it :)

Alright! Version 1.73 is out!

This new version features level 8, a jungle themed level full of vines, swings, mosquitos, deadly monsters, angry tribesmen and mad flowers!
It's 90% complete, which means the boss fight is still missing, working on it.
Let me know what you think!

Some screens:

All changes:
v1.73
-Level 8 90% finished (All collectibles available, but no boss)
-Added support for Google Analytics
-Listen to all songs in Options menu
-Changes to Lvl 3 tileset (added mushrooms)
-Added more hints telling you can up+throw pickups
-Changed indicator sprite for pickups
-Bug fix: Falling off the kite in lvl 7 boss
-Small bug fixes and tweaks

G

Guest User

Hi there,

I'm back again to supply you with some work to do :)

First of all, as always, really nice scenery with new enemies with fit with the background. Not too much variety in enemies in this world though, but since most of them are really tough, this isn't a large problem.

The introduction cut-scene is nice and fits the game. Also, the eater is a nice guy, although he might also be a pain-in-the-ass, since you can't pass him without taking damage :)

Now into some "issues" I encountered while playing. First of all, in this screenshot you see the machine which gives you a nice extra weapon or item. However, I already had a full inv, so it flew away. o problem so far, however, it flew immediately out of reach, such that I wasn't able to pick it up anymore. Not really a bug, maybe it was designed this way, but I found it annoying.

Alright, try to spot me in the next screenshot.

You won't find me since I jumped out of the game field. In the top left corner of this area, there was a fly which gives you an extra life. By jumping left up from that spot, you can jump on the left outside of the game window, resulting in this screenshot. I couldn't do anything anymore, except using weapons and shutting down the game :(

Now more a design issue. This text is almost invisible, I was wondering if it would be better if it was shown over the wall. Just a thought.

And, last but not least, twice I thought I was trapped :(
I later realised in both screens I wasn't trapped, but the 'doors' are difficult to see. Not sure if it's too difficult, since I found it at the end, but I would like to mention it anyway. :)

Overall, nice job and can't wait for the boss to arrive!

Hi there,

I'm back again to supply you with some work to do :)

First of all, as always, really nice scenery with new enemies with fit with the background. Not too much variety in enemies in this world though, but since most of them are really tough, this isn't a large problem.

The introduction cut-scene is nice and fits the game. Also, the eater is a nice guy, although he might also be a pain-in-the-ass, since you can't pass him without taking damage :)

Now into some "issues" I encountered while playing. First of all, in this screenshot you see the machine which gives you a nice extra weapon or item. However, I already had a full inv, so it flew away. o problem so far, however, it flew immediately out of reach, such that I wasn't able to pick it up anymore. Not really a bug, maybe it was designed this way, but I found it annoying.

Alright, try to spot me in the next screenshot.

You won't find me since I jumped out of the game field. In the top left corner of this area, there was a fly which gives you an extra life. By jumping left up from that spot, you can jump on the left outside of the game window, resulting in this screenshot. I couldn't do anything anymore, except using weapons and shutting down the game :(

Now more a design issue. This text is almost invisible, I was wondering if it would be better if it was shown over the wall. Just a thought.

And, last but not least, twice I thought I was trapped :(
I later realised in both screens I wasn't trapped, but the 'doors' are difficult to see. Not sure if it's too difficult, since I found it at the end, but I would like to mention it anyway. :)

Overall, nice job and can't wait for the boss to arrive!
Thanks again for the thorough testing! This means a lot to me!

I immediately addressed the issues, I'll release them when I finish the boss fight!

Issues fixed:
-There was a problem with the spawning location of item bubbles while using the slot machine when inventory was full
-I "closed" all locations where you could jump off the screen
-The "Inventory full" message now displays as a general message on the screen
-I made the "doors" a little bit easier to spot. I noticed there is quite a big difference in contrast between my computer screen and phone screen. It's indeed a lot harder to see on a phone screen.

The graphics are realy well done ! Good job man !
Thanks!

As for today, new update! Sand snakes, hovering speeders and a pyramid full of mummies and traps: Level 9 is here!

v1.75
-Level 9 90% finished (All collectibles available, but no boss)
-Added cutscenes after level 8
-D-pad can now be repositioned
-Visual cues when items need to be thrown upwards
-Health is now restored after boss fights
-Several bug fixes and tweaks

New update!

Level 10 is completely finished! From a collapsing pyramid to an underwater greenhouse, level 10 delivers some interesting new gameplay and story elements.
Also, version 1.81 finally brings Juiced to iOS!

Feel free to check it out and comment!

Last edited:
A

Alberto Perillas

Just signed in this forum only to say thanks for such a great game. Probably one of the BEST if not the BEST in Android. And taking into account the great and hard work done by an only person, the merit is even greater.

The game is absolutely awesome. Nice, funny, hilarious sometimes, perfect curve of difficulty, lots of replaybility, long duration, great scenarios, great caracteres, big bosses...

My son has installed hundreds of games. This is the only one that keeps replaying once and again, from version 1.6. Stage one, then the ice, then the city, the sand... There is so much variation that never os bored.

He is 4 year old ;-). He is able to finish alone Stage 1 complete and big parts of other levels like the city or Stage 4 Boss. He knows (almost) every diamond location and every stage walkthrough. Of course, he needs a little help sometimes and then, again, we play together as no other android game achieve.

So, thanks again for this gem.

Waiting anxiously for level 11! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just signed in this forum only to say thanks for such a great game. Probably one of the BEST if not the BEST in Android. And taking into account the great and hard work done by an only person, the merit is even greater.

The game is absolutely awesome. Nice, funny, hilarious sometimes, perfect curve of difficulty, lots of replaybility, long duration, great scenarios, great caracteres, big bosses...

My son has installed hundreds of games. This is the only one that keeps replaying once and again, from version 1.6. Stage one, then the ice, then the city, the sand... There is so much variation that never os bored.

He is 4 year old ;-). He is able to finish alone Stage 1 complete and big parts of other levels like the city or Stage 4 Boss. He knows (almost) every diamond location and every stage walkthrough. Of course, he needs a little help sometimes and then, again, we play together as no other android game achieve.

So, thanks again for this gem.

Waiting anxiously for level 11! :)
Hi Alberto,

Thank you so much! You really made my day! This means a lot to me!
I had a bit of a writer's block, but I'm working hard on Level 11 as we speak! I hope to release it before the end of november!

Thanks again, it really keeps me going!

Level 11 is out!

Float along the currents with angry crabs, friendly seahorses, mechanic piranha's and the gods of the sea! This level is 90% finished (all diamonds+bonus, no boss).

All changes:
v1.82
-Added level 11 (90%, all diamonds+bonus, no boss)
-Added "The Infirmary". A secret room, accessible from the Level 10 pump room.
-Added new boss music for the fight with Aleb in level 10
-Several bug fixes and tweaks

A

Alberto Perillas

Hi there!

Great work in lvl 11! ..and the infirmary is... so.. hilarious!!! :D:D

Just a suggestion from my son: Maybe lvl 12 or any other could start from the deep sea to.. a Beach Level!! ;);). Sure you have your plans, but i had to say it. ;)

He also says something more: Please, new levels to be not too difficult and not very frightening! In lvl 11 there are some "events coming out suddenly from some places" that made us jumping on the chair!! :D:D:p:p

Congratulations for your work! Best Regards and the best for new year 2019!

Hi there!

Great work in lvl 11! ..and the infirmary is... so.. hilarious!!! :D:D

Just a suggestion from my son: Maybe lvl 12 or any other could start from the deep sea to.. a Beach Level!! ;);). Sure you have your plans, but i had to say it. ;)

He also says something more: Please, new levels to be not too difficult and not very frightening! In lvl 11 there are some "events coming out suddenly from some places" that made us jumping on the chair!! :D:D:p:p

Congratulations for your work! Best Regards and the best for new year 2019!
Thank you!

I'll try to implement your son's suggestion! Level 12 will be on a pirate ship, but it could be an option for level 13 (which will feature a mine/vulcano).

Haha as for the moray eels, I find them the scariest of all water creatures, so I'm glad your son agrees ;)

Thank you and your son for spending so much time on the game, for providing all the nice feedback and also providing the review on the facebook page!

Level 11 is complete! Sit tight for a creepy boss fight where danger is lurking behind every corner!

All changes in v1.84:
-Level 11 100% complete
-Submarine can now descend faster by holding 'down'
-Fixed time trial clock still running when boss was already defeated
-Fixed a bug where the Pirana enemy would get stuck in walls
-Minor bug fixes and tweaks

A

Alberto Perillas

Level 11 is complete! Sit tight for a creepy boss fight where danger is lurking behind every corner!

All changes in v1.84:
-Level 11 100% complete
-Submarine can now descend faster by holding 'down'
-Fixed time trial clock still running when boss was already defeated
-Fixed a bug where the Pirana enemy would get stuck in walls
-Minor bug fixes and tweaks
Great Boss, as usual! We enjoyed the piranha a lot. We had several tries to beat it but finally got It!

Congratulations again! Best regards.

B

BitmapSkies

Hi there Pineapple Lake , just a quick post to mention i lost my walkthrough due to hdd fail a while back, however glad to see the game has grown quite a lot more since my last playthrough , thank you for xbox controls and improvements and extra levels and tons more pixel art and challenge still one of my fav gms platformers by far - cant believe how far you have developed this great work ! :D

ps , already working on recording fresh :p

Hi there Pineapple Lake , just a quick post to mention i lost my walkthrough due to hdd fail a while back, however glad to see the game has grown quite a lot more since my last playthrough , thank you for xbox controls and improvements and extra levels and tons more pixel art and challenge still one of my fav gms platformers by far - cant believe how far you have developed this great work ! :D

ps , already working on recording fresh :p
How nice of you, thanks! I'm sorry to hear about your harddrive! Still, I'm glad you came back to have another look, I'm looking forward to it!

BTW last night I released v1.86 for Windows and Android which contains the first part of Level 12 and has several critical bug fixes. So I'd advise you to update first ;)