Juiced! 2D platform adventure [PC/Mobile]

Version 1.89 is online, which means level 12 is now complete!
Sharpen your steel and get ready to fight this salty fearsome pirate captain in a deadly duel!

Please let me know what you think!

All changes in v1.89:
-Level 12 100% complete!
-Menu had a complete make over: cleaner, clearer, more consistent.
-Removed an unintentioned shortcut in lvl 12 4th room
-[Bug fix] 2nd diamond in lvl 6 could respawn infinite amount of times

Qbanyto

Bro! I just downloaded this and been having a great time. I LOVE WHAT YOUVE DONE HERE. It’s basically everything I want to do. Especially the game pad support. I have a step series and tested it. Everything is top notch. I don’t know why u are not selling this.

I have some specific questions. Should I pm u or ask here?

Bro! I just downloaded this and been having a great time. I LOVE WHAT YOUVE DONE HERE. It’s basically everything I want to do. Especially the game pad support. I have a step series and tested it. Everything is top notch. I don’t know why u are not selling this.

I have some specific questions. Should I pm u or ask here?
Thanks! Of course you can, send me a pm

New version is out on all platforms (Windows,Android, iOS) !

This is a big update and the first time I built the game in Gamemaker 2.
A major change is the new resolution of 16:9 (320x180) to better accommodate modern screens. On most devices this means the game now looks bigger, and more crisp.
I had to make a lot of changes to make this work, but I think the result is well worth it.

Also, after the level 12 boss a new sequence was added involving a chase on a surfboard!

All changes in v1.90:
-Added cutscene + surfing sequence after lvl 12 boss
-Changed resolution from 4:3 to 16:9 (320x180) to better support modern screens, several rooms were changed (read: optimised)
-Added seagulls to level 12 (hit them for coins)
-Improved animation and handling for guns and diagonal shooting
-Removed "GFX" options button, default setting is now high (and should be fine for all supported devices)
-Reduced lag on Android during the game
-Some small changes to level 7 & 8 to improve game pacing
-Tutorial level updated
-[Bug fix] Level 9 boss getting stuck in ground
-[Bug fix] Tiko could get stuck in ground when pausing game
-[Bug fix] Penguins in Menu room kept respawning
-[Bug fix] Empty save game slot drawing issue
-[Bug fix] Pause menu background was partially transparent
-[Bug fix] Using the elevator switched off invincibility powerup
-Lots of other small bug fixes and tweaks

v1.92 is out on all platforms (Windows,Android, iOS) !

The first 70% of level 13 was added, featuring a lava mine with spikey snails, flying devils, a wild mine cart ride and a hectic robot chase!

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted you to know there have been lots of updates!
The latest update is v1.96 which adds the "Epilogue" chapter.

Also, I'm excited to say Juiced is now available on Steam and a MacOS version is available as well! I also made another gameplay trailer.

The game is now almost complete. The Epilogue will feature 2 more bosses before the game will finally be over 😭

Hope you like the new content! Please let me know what you think!

Hi everyone,

After starting this project in 2006 it has finally come to a close!
v1.98 adds the last few bosses to the Epilogue the game is now complete! :banana:

Still, I'm looking forward to your feedback!

So what's next?
I'll be focussing mostly on porting the game to the Nintendo Switch.
Also, localization in Spanish and Dutch is on the way. If you would like to help translate to any other language, please send me a message!
Exciting stuff!

Here's a full list of changes in v1.98:
-Epilogue 100% complete!
-Connected gamepad will be automatically recognized and used as input
-Time trial mode is now unlocked after finishing a level on any score (unless you already played it)
-YOLO mode is now unlocked after finishing the Epilogue (unless you already played it)
-Made it more clear that health regenerates during first Qhaen boss in Epilogue
-Small improvements to the dialog system
-Totem pole enemy now animates
-Android now also has a pause button on screen (since most modern phones ditched their buttons)
-[Steam] Added 4 more achievements
-[Bug fix] Enemy count in lvl 8 was off which made it impossible to get 50 000 points
-[Bug fix] Skipping the savepoint could result in a softlock in lvl 9, room 3
-[Bug fix] Scarab beetles in lvl 9 could get stuck in blocks
-[Bug fix] Game could crash on Kyo's first encounter in lvl 10
-[Bug fix] Homing missiles sometimes failed to hit certain enemies
-[Bug fix] Crabbies would stop eating seaweed if outside view in lvl 11 resulting in a softlock
-[Bug fix] Enemy count in lvl 11 was off which made it impossible to get 50 000 points
-[Bug fix] Enemy count in lvl 13 was off which made it impossible to get 50 000 points
-Lots of smaller bug fixes and tweaks

Yuriy

Very exciting platformer! a lot of good work has been done. The only thing I have a penchant for is the size of the control buttons. on my phone with a resolution of 2340×1080 they are very small and therefore it is not very comfortable to play on the phone :)

Very exciting platformer! a lot of good work has been done. The only thing I have a penchant for is the size of the control buttons. on my phone with a resolution of 2340×1080 they are very small and therefore it is not very comfortable to play on the phone :)
Thanks Yuriy! You can change the size of the buttons in Options > Controls > Adjust buttons