Joining The Ludum Dare 36

K

Kram Dig

Ludum Dare is an event where you make games yourself(Compo) or a team(Jam). Themes are based on our votes and will be our theme of the highest score.
I'm new to Ludum Dare, I didn't knew that it has two categories: Compo and Jam. I'm writing this during the ludum event and I'm still making them. Right now, I'll stick with the Jam catogory instead of Compo because it requires "solo" dev and I have a partner with me so it's obvious now. My game is not yet published so I don't have a link for the game yet until I update the post.

Here's some post of my Ludum Dare
http://ludumdare.com/compo/2016/08/27/joining-ludum-dare-dev/

I hope I can make it! :D

Roa

I keep hearing from people in the ludum dare that they want to ban GMS users from entering. I keep hearing about how its not fair to people that build from the ground up and that its not a real engine lol.

K

Kram Dig

I keep hearing from people in the ludum dare that they want to ban GMS users from entering. I keep hearing about how its not fair to people that build from the ground up and that its not a real engine lol.
What? That's ridiculous

Ninety

I love hearing those arguments. Often they come from people who are bitter because their games place poorly. Or people who spend the entire jam on a really nice engine and make a sub-par game with it.

Reactions: Roa

TehPilot

I thought the issue of using a pre-built engine was resolved by splitting the Ludum Dare into the Competition and the Jam, but I guess some things never change.

R

roytheshort

Split it into more categories.

1) Competition
2) Jam
3) Category for those that create their own Programming Language
4) Category for those that build an entire computer from the ground up
5) Category for those that generate their own electricity
6) Category for those that manufacture their own food, water, and shelter without buying a pre-existing solution from anyone else
7) Category for those that have plants to produce non-collective oxygen that they have to use
8) Category for those that have built their own planet
8) Category for those that have built their own Universe

On that bombshell, I would like you to know that I built this entire Universe just so I could join Ludum Dare 36, everything you see, the atoms in your eyes, the brain you use to think, is all built by me. Unfortunately, since I am responsible for every entrant in Ludum Dare 36 existing, I have already won the Jam. We will delete the Universe in 12 hours, we apologize for the inconvenience.