jOeSU! (rhythm game)

Stoozey

I present: jOeSU!

This is a rythm game that I have been working on for a while now and it has helped me tremendously in my ability to program, and I play it myself in my spare time because I genuinely find it fun. It has an infinite number of possibilities due to the nature of being able to create your own content for it.

Fit with a leveling system, a large range of songs, a level editor where you can create your own songs, and more.

Hope you all enjoy!
Here is a really bad trailer I created just to show off some elements of it:

Click here to go to the Itch page to download it!

Last edited:

Stoozey

Rhythm games are fun. More crazy the better.
I tried my best to balance easy for beginners, the middle and then the super hard. I've managed to beat one of the super super hard songs, but I still have yet to complete Through the Fire and the Flames, 8 minutes of hell. I got very close once though! Here's some old gameplay of the craziest song so far done by a bot because I'm not good enough lol. It results in an interesting sight towards the end.

Joe Ellis

It's pretty good, you've made guitar hero or piano tiles, which is really good how you've programmed that, but you need to come up with an original idea to make it not a guitar hero or piano tiles rip off, but, great programming, maybe people could help you with a good idea

Stoozey

It's pretty good, you've made guitar hero or piano tiles, which is really good how you've programmed that, but you need to come up with an original idea to make it not a guitar hero or piano tiles rip off, but, great programming, maybe people could help you with a good idea
Yeah, now that I've got the game down I really wanna try and focus on making it even more fun. I'm glad to be able to say I've made a rythm game in GMS, since I never really see them get created by anyone, quite a shame, although definitely an annoying process.