• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Jewels - Match 3 But Made By An Idiot

Hyomoto

I've been running the 2.3 beta through it's paces and decided I should brush up on my own skills as well. To that end I've been doing a series of one-day games where I throw caution to the wind and just try to get something done in a reasonable time frame. I've been trying to keep them down to around six hours, but today I put around twelve in because I'm an idiot.

Most of the assets are from opengameart.org, and if you are interested the credits.txt file will lead you to the authors. Also, just because it's a quick build doesn't mean that it's broken or buggy, but if you do find a bug, let me know. Finally, if you do decide to play, feel free to share your high scores!

Download
Controls -
Mouse click to swap adjacent gems, match at least 3 horizontally or vertically to earn points
Space bar - Start and end game​

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabnock

looks really good. The thing that would get on my nerves if playing would be the the crack whip sound when the when 3 or more are achieved and the music selection.

The music is especially grating after even a short while. But i do appreciate this is a subjective opinion.

Hyomoto

Nah, it's true. Searching for the right sound effects and music is time consuming, and I was already over the time budget. That said, it's part of the "idiot" section because the annoying and surreal music actually grew on me and now I kind of consider it a feature. There are plenty of well-crafted, money-hungry match 3 games out there. But how many of them have an off-putting soundtrack and weirdly melancholy presentation?