• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Jerky Room Transitions

In this top-down scenario, I'm trying to get my player to room transition without "jerkiness..."
I have two rooms that have duplicate, patterned grounds in their respective assets layers, and when I move from one room to the next via collision, I get screen jerk. The player's destination coordinates in "Room2" are matched appropriately with the pattered grounds from his collision point in "Room1." I have the player moving at a speed of 4 pixels, and I've even tried to compensate for that with strategies such as programming his destination coordinates 4 pixels beyond what the appropriate destination would be (according to those patterned grounds).
I'm beginning to wonder if this is the nature of collision warping... Anybody have advice on this? thx
Edit: I should also mention that I'm using a DnD tool called, "Jump to Point."

Last edited: