• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Javascript Support?

U

Untouch

Was looking through the GMS2 files and I didn't find too much except for one thing that stood out.
In the text editor rules folder I found some files.

keywords_hlsl (shaders)
keywords_glsl (shaders)
keywords_gml
keywords_yym (don't know, identical to the gml file)

and most importantly
keywords_js

GMS1 DID support javascript, for the HTML5 and android exporter, but there was no text editor, as it was only in extensions.

Also like I predicted, scripts have .gml after the asset name in the editor, where every asset is just the asset name.

xot

GMLscripter
GMC Elder
I don't think you'll get a satisfactory answer about that very revealing thing you found.

Roa

JS is available in extensions, same as 1.x
Does that run on windows basic? Im really confused because nocturnes blog post says .js is reserves for windows 8 and html, and I want really badly to use .js with windows.

U

Untouch

Alright, that's what I expected, will we be able to directly edit JS files now, though?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Alright, that's what I expected, will we be able to directly edit JS files now, though?
Based on Roadmap, I assume that the work had not yet started on anything related to web export, aside of doing some tests (which would explain why the files are there).