• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Java to GML?

M

Master Maker

I was wondering if there is an extension to convert Java code into GML code? Or if anyone would be willing to convert some for me? I am wanting to make a huge update to pixel dungeon in GML.

Coded Games

There is no single extension and porting this entire game into GML will take a LONG time. I know both Java and GML so I could help a bit but porting between the two languages takes some work.

M

Master Maker

There is no single extension and porting this entire game into GML will take a LONG time. I know both Java and GML so I could help a bit but porting between the two languages takes some work.
OK, thanks! I am willing to pay you $20 if you are willing to port the entire project into GML.

Coded Games

I'd do it for $20 an hour. But seriously there are thousands of lines of code here, it's going to take a VERY long time.

Coded Games

Along with that, this project uses classes from Watabou's noosa and gltextures packages that are on different GitHub repos. This thing just gets bigger and bigger as I look at some of the classes. In conclusion: it's not worth it.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
The game has 505 Java files and 49 000 lines of code total, excluding external libraries. It will actually take you less time to learn the Java basics than to port that to GML.

R

R4Z3R

"Coded Games" please contact me at that mail address --> ([email protected]), have some jobs for you.