Windows Ix and the Dark Mage [RELEASED]

ix-title-latest.PNG
by BaBiA Game Studio
Current Version: RC 1.0.2.0

Story
The mysterious citadel of Mordeth the Dark Mage has appeared in the land of the Goblins, and his minions have spread throughout the land.

Mordeth and his three witch-sisters have claimed dominion over the free kingdoms of all the races. From his citadel Mordeth readies himself to conquer all those that would dare face him.

But it is not the great Knights, Kings, or Queens that would stand against this darkness. It is a lowly Goblin warrior, Ix, that steels himself and prepares to venture forth to challenge the Dark Mage and his kin.

Screenshots
ix-mainmenu-latest.png
ix-cave.PNG
ix-cliff.png
ix-screen-1.PNG

Ix and The Dark Mage is an action-adventure game, similar in style to Legend of Zelda. I started work on this mainly as a learning experience and after taking a break to work on something else, found myself drawn back to this project once more with more determination to finish it.

Download "Ix and the Dark Mage" from Itch.io

Controls (Movement can be changed from the main menu)
Movement
- W A S D
Attack - Left mouse button
Dash - Right mouse button (while moving)

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did making it. Any feedback would be appreciated, especially if you encounter any bugs.

Last edited:
There have been a couple of updates made to the game since release, all thanks to someone doing a YouTube playthrough and finding a few issues.

RC1.0.2.0 - Changes since RC1.0.1.0
Mordeth (the final boss) should no longer spam his heal when his health gets below 20%. This was causing him to constantly heal and never take damage, making him impossible to beat.

RC1.0.1.0 - Changes since first release
The archer should shoot a bit faster than he did before.
The witch-sisters should no longer spam their special attacks - they are now on a bit of a timer/cooldown to stop them doing this.