I've been using YoYoGames since 2012, what happened to their old community site, well I'm back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatgamez

I missed the old gmc.yoyogames.com but I guess they came back with an upgrade, has anyone else used sandbox.yoyogames.com, that tells you that they took that down and I miss it. I miss the old Game Maker but now I am using the new Game Maker Studio 2.0 and I am completely new to that, my name is Ethan and I am a moderate videogame developer.

Yes, the old GMC and the YYG Sandbox were taken offline a while back. It's a shame, but completely understandable given just how much space they took up. Absolutely must've cost more to maintain than it was worth. Welcome back! GM has been updated greatly in the past couple of years. If you've been gone since the GM8.1 years, its current version is next to unrecognizable.

eatgamez

This new GM Studio is making me want to kill myself, it's literally that advanced, I don't know how to even work it, I looked at tutorials on YouTube but it seems like they have parts that they don't show like how to add objects to a room, they have a tab that I don't have called resources.

I'm overall a developer, I like to tweak games and mods, and play videogames. All done without a gaming computer.
I love to design videogames, music and I do some acting as well. I don't have a really good computer, but hey it's the best computer I have out of the fourteen I ever had. Click the link to view picture, too large to upload to this forum, hopefully they'll accept it.

samspade

This new GM Studio is making me want to kill myself, it's literally that advanced, I don't know how to even work it, I looked at tutorials on YouTube but it seems like they have parts that they don't show like how to add objects to a room, they have a tab that I don't have called resources.

I'm overall a developer, I like to tweak games and mods, and play videogames. All done without a gaming computer.
I love to design videogames, music and I do some acting as well. I don't have a really good computer, but hey it's the best computer I have out of the fourteen I ever had. Click the link to view picture, too large to upload to this forum, hopefully they'll accept it.
For tutorials on how to use the IDE, this one is kind of a crash course, but I think overall covers the basics:

Matharoo also has a good tutorial section for some of the new 2.3 IDE features like sequences and animation curves: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUEcBPiXnlByYoYOFSvyS1pW2q3HicDgF

If you want more on GML specifically, rather than the IDE, I can recommend my own, which was currently through 2.3 and I'm currently updating to be current to all the new 2.3 features: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwgH1hDD0q1Eq2xXKhkiJmtt7ml599CSt

Fortunately, even GM 2.3 runs on a pretty crappy laptop as that is what my laptop has become four years after I bought it for $700 (I think resale value used for my computer now is like $100).

Dog Slobber

I'm guessing that when you encouraged people to look at your Desktop, you had forgotten you have a shortcut to a Gamemaker Studio 1.x crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.