So recently I made a RPG Gamemaker Engine, I have a video here, showing off the code, testing, etc.
First, thanks for the comment, second, this is kinda just an engine for now, unsure if I'm gonna release the files anytime soon, still working on it, and I am already working on an another project, which is a fan game, and I'm unsure if I can post it here...Interesting! I have a few questions regarding the video:
Those are a few questions that should be brought up before production. It is easier this way, so then you have a goal in mind.
- What is your plan of action?
- What is the story going to be?
- What is the game all about?
Your game is very detailed graphically from what was shown. I would like to test the game if at some point you can put out a demo?
A few suggestions:
Stick with this one, it looks really good so far!
- Make the "press space to talk" fade out instead of instantly fade out.
- The dialogue box is simple and good for testing, but later on I would change this to make it more pleasing. (You could simply add a border)
- Upload a few screenshots of the menu (if present), the game itself, and put at least a paragraph total of information about the game. It's a cool game, but it seems like it was an oddball project.
Don't give up, keep up the great work!
As like I said, in the last reply, this is just an engine for now, a private one, which I might release the game files to, I might later make a game out of it, but for now, its just a simple engine, the room was just for testing purposes.Sure this is an engine and not just a game made in gamemaker?
FATAL ERROR in action number 1 of Step Event0 for object obj_player: Variable obj_player.freeMovement(100002, -2147483648) not set before reading it. at gml_Object_obj_player_Step_0