Opinion It's over

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BachusPL

It's over for me bros. GMS2 just refuses to work. I always wanted to become a game creator but all my attempts are pointless. First I tried Unity, but it was so bad that I would rather do literally anything else than using it. Then I tried Godot and it was better but I think it's too restricting I guess, there are no famous games made on Godot (unlike Unity and GM). Then I tried GM and it's good, I could see that, but it simply refuses to work. As if God or Nature itself is against me being a gamedev. Truly sad, it's over, what is the point of life if I can't make my own game. Brutal!

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff

Oh such a shame your experiencing issues, Guess its time to just give up and become an accountant or something, I dont know anyone famous or not thats made a game has ever had a problem and they where just so good they sneezed and there hit game was created!

No but seriously, judging by your topics, go take a breather and calm down, then try uninstalling GameMaker then reinstalling, but more importantly make sure to contact the helpdesk on yoyo's site, everyone faces problems sometimes, nothing to give up over, Game making wouldn't be fun if it wasn't a challenge.

Last edited:
B

BachusPL

Oh such a same your experiencing issues, Guess its time to just give up and become an accountant or something, I dont anyone famous or not thats made a game has ever had a problem and they where just so good they sneezed and there hit game was created!

No but seriously, judging by your topics, go take a breather and calm down, then try uninstalling GameMaker then reinstalling, but more importantly make sure to contact the helpdesk on yoyo's site, everyone faces problems sometimes, nothing to give up over, Game making wouldn't be fun if it wasn't a challenge.
My problem is unique, or very rare at least, there is no solution to it as of now so I guess it's over for my game developer ambitions bro. Truly sad.

Gamebot

My laptop computer is quite old about six years. How it keeps ticking I don't know. It was just recent that GM gave me problems too. I ended up doing a data dump, backing up all necessary files for all programs and deleting non-essentials. After refreshing and starting back up I went to start GM and apparently I had removed accidentally one of the C++ redistributable files that contained a .dll for GM to draw itself and shaders. After a new install of both all works fine now.

Unless it requires a new computer, there has to be a solution. As stated above use the help desk, don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how simple they may seem.

curato

Yeah uninstall and reinstall gamemaker (I usually like a good reboot between uninstall and reinstall if a program is causing issues). Also compare your computer against the technical requirements and make sure you at least meet them. Also, make sure you install your windows updates and update all your drivers.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Hmm...so you ask for help from the community, then won't say what the solution was? Is it just embarassing or what? Or are you simply willing to take from the community but not willing to give back. That's not a good way to foster relationships, even if they are virtual...the people are real regardless.

B

BachusPL

Inappropriate Behavior
Hmm...so you ask for help from the community, then won't say what the solution was? Is it just embarassing or what? Or are you simply willing to take from the community but not willing to give back. That's not a good way to foster relationships, even if they are virtual...the people are real regardless.
I understand that you are not the brightest individual but if you used at least 10% of your brain you would notice that I literally said and I quote: " if you people see another person with similar problem, tell him to contact me ", if that is not help to community, what is?

Status
Not open for further replies.