It's NO fun using FLASH anymore...Long live HTML5...

K12gamer

Flash seems especially dead with Google.

With Google settings...you can either block Flash completely...or you have to go through a
tedious allow / add process for every new Flash site you visit.

I've been visiting dozens of educational sites...and unfortunately...a lot of them still have a lot
of content that requires Flash.

I hope to find more HTML5 educational programs / games real soon.

Last edited:

Mercerenies

I've been visiting dozens of educational sites...and unfortunately...a lot of them still have a lot
of content that requires Flash.
Lucky you. All the online educational content from my university still uses Java applets. You want to talk about a tedious allow/add process every time you see one; try enabling one of those.

K12gamer

My studio has been very busy porting Flash games to HTML5 for companies and education sites. Flash is now disabled by default in all major browsers and Adobe is officially dropping support for Flash in 2020.
Seems like your studio is going to be super busy for a long while...there is a ton of FLASH stuff out there!
Is it hard to convert something in FLASH to HTML5...or does the entire game have to be reprogrammed from the ground up?

@RollyBug thanks for that link.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
Seems like your studio is going to be super busy for a long while...there is a ton of FLASH stuff out there!
Is it hard to convert something in FLASH to HTML5...or does the entire game have to be reprogrammed from the ground up?
We typically remake them from the ground up especially if we're adding mobile support. In any case, most Flash games are pretty dated by today's standards so they benefit from a fresh coat of paint.

D

devonhg

the end of an Era...will never forget those golden days of 1999 & Portal Arcade Sites claimed our childhoods.
Candystand.com baby!

I remember we used to play the 4player putt-putt golf in class in middle school on this site, early 2000s.