Legacy GM It's me and counting again

mafon2

Hello,

Down with stacking (you can download it from here, btw: https://yadi.sk/d/_-RdIMGe3Gnxm8 (controls: arrows, space, R)), now I'm making color matching game. And I need to count blocks again, but this time I want to count all adjusted blocks, so for example, if there are 5 or more blocks adjusted, you get a bonus or something. Or you can destroy some blocks only if 5 or more adjusted. The possibilities!

Ok, what I came up with:

when we click on a block, the game starts to create instances on top of adjusted blocks of the same name and then counts this new instances (and then destroys them).

And that's fine, I guess.

But this doesn't allow the game to count all the separate groups of blocks on the field. Like if it wants to highlight the biggest group that brings the most points.

counting blocks.gif

Any suggestions (easy solutions)?

F

Falconsoft-Industries

Code might be helpful to see what you are trying to achieve so we can help you with your game and its problems.

TheouAegis

Yeah, thanks, I think it's exactly what I need.
Since you're using Studio, even though that post was written back when Studio had some annoying bugs, make sure you read the full thread just in case some of the issues Studio users had with it are still present.

mafon2

Since you're using Studio, even though that post was written back when Studio had some annoying bugs, make sure you read the full thread just in case some of the issues Studio users had with it are still present.
to be honest, it's hard for me to swallow. As stated in text: «this is real programming». So I'm off with my "meets_instance()". I know, I know, you can't get anything without the effort, but for now I'm not interested in programming this much. At least, game maker crutches are working.