• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Items disapearing from Resources tab

N

nothinglord

So I'm working on a project with a few other people for a class and we're using Github to work on the same file. We've come across a problem (that may not be enitrely GMS2's fault), where after we make changes an item (sprite, object, room, etc.) will disappear from the resource tab. The item is not visible, but all the files still exist, GMS2 just doesn't appear to be show them in the resource tab. It is still aware the files exist, as if I try to create another object/sprite/etc with the same name, it will tell me something with that name already exists.

I'm not sure how to resolve this problem other than deleting the files and making it again, but sometimes the files just suddenly reappear, so there must be some way to get them back.