• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

It gives this error while building. 'The given version [9] is not supported, only version 1 to 8 is supported in this build. '

mbeytekin

I think it's because of a DLL I'm using, but I compile all my DLLs in Visual Studio 2019. But when I activate only one, I get this error and the app is already crashing.
I've searched the internet for this message but haven't been able to find the exact reason. Please can someone help?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
What version of GameMaker are you using? What does the DLL do? When exactly does it crash? Can you post the exact error you get as an image or the output log (in spoiler tags)? We really don't have enough information to give any real answers I'm afraid...

mbeytekin

Yes, you are right. I should give some more information.
Game Maker Version IDE v2.3.3.574, Runtime 2.3.3.437

The DLL is about artificial intelligence using the Microsoft ONNX runtime.

I compiled the DLL with Visual Studio 2019. My same application uses more than 20 DLLs that I compile under the same conditions, but I encountered this problem only in this DLL.

I don't think it's using a different runtime. I also looked at the other libraries that the DLL is linked to, and again, I couldn't see anything missing. That's why I couldn't understand this error code anyway.

Exactly when I start the program it gives this error. So it happens when Gamemaker is compiling the whole application.
I couldn't even understand what GameMaker meant by version in this error.
('The given version [9] is not supported, only version 1 to 8 is supported in this build. ')

version of what? I can't understand.

OUTPUT log is;

Igor complete.
[Run] Run game
Options: Y:/DLLTESTGM2_2544C8B4_90359896\MainOptions.json
W://windows/x64/Runner.exe -game "X:/DLLTESTGM231_715F614C_VM\DLLTESTGM231.win"
Setting scheduler resolution to 1
Attempting to set gamepadcount to 12
DirectX11: Using hardware device
Collision Event time(microsecs)=6
The given version [9] is not supported, only version 1 to 8 is supported in this build.
Total memory used = 12368614(0x00bcbae6) bytes
Entering main loop.

W://windows/x64/Runner.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)