• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Issues with running the program

XPea

I just got in a HUGE mess when trying to launch GMS2. I think I forgot to save last time, but at the same time, it seems to have saved since all the assets were in their respective folders. I tried to open the program today and it seems a lot of assets have disappeared and "cannot be found", when they clearly were there already. So I tried to get them away and back in, but when I ran the program again it didn't let me enter, assuming that I have bad internet connection, which is not the case. Seems like it got broken, what should I do now?

Slyddar

Probably too late to ask you if you have source control or a backup of your project? Hopefully you have something, as these things seem to happen sometimes.

For just launching GMS2, sometimes an uninstall and a reinstall of the latest version can help kickstart it again.

XPea

Probably too late to ask you if you have source control or a backup of your project? Hopefully you have something, as these things seem to happen sometimes.

For just launching GMS2, sometimes an uninstall and a reinstall of the latest version can help kickstart it again.
What is source control? And if by backup you mean some assets that Game Maker Studio 2 wont find nor run for some reason... Yea.

I don't really know what happened. Still, thanks a lot, it means a lot for me.