• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Issues with one audio track

B

BadAssBradders

Hi guys, new to GML but loving it. However, I am getting mega confused with the following problem...

I want a piece of audio to play when moving into a specific room. The issue is that the audio keeps playing over and over and over on top of itself, going into a garbled mess. I looked online elsewhere and discovered that it is due to the cycle of steps through an event, so I assumed that something like the following would work...

if[!audio_is_playing(TerminalOn)]
audio_play_sound(TerminalOn,1100,false);

It doesn't.

I get this...

ERROR!!! :: ########################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object sounds:

DoConv :1: illegal array use
at gml_Object_sounds_Create_0 (line 3) - if[!audio_is_playing(TerminalOn)]

Now, if I remove the if[! the game loads fine but this particular sound just keeps getting garbled. I am running music absolutely fine in a simple dedicated object, no problems there. It's just this one file. Grrrr

Help!!