• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Issues with marketplace extensions

Grez1

So, it's been a hot minute since I did my last project in GM 1.49. I wanted to do a quick, silly game based upon a template or engine -- just essentially to do an asset flip and quick mods to create a contest game for giving away games on Steamgifts. I usually do some event every Halloween, and I've used a buddy's 3d dungeon engine to write a goofy adventure game, as well as writing games from scratch or doing a modification of an existing game (with full credit to original author(s), of course).

I grabbed a few interesting things that I thought I might mess around with from the GM marketplace that were free, and which were furthermore listed as having GM1 as the target (IOW, I shouldn't be accidentally attempting to load GM2 extensions). But, when I import any of the gmez extensions into an empty project, all I see listed is the extension name. There's no +/- to expand the tree and see any of the assets that should be part of the extension.

Now, if I go to the physical folders in File Explorer, I can see that there are sprites, backgrounds, etc. So why am I not seeing these in the studio? I'm assuming that I'm doing something boneheaded or missing something simple, but for the life of me I don't know what that is. I had leveraged a couple of extensions in a previous project without any issue, but on this one, I've tried three different extensions and all of them behave the same way.

So what am I missing? TIA :)

Mk.2

But, when I import any of the gmez extensions into an empty project, all I see listed is the extension name. There's no +/- to expand the tree and see any of the assets that should be part of the extension.
Double click on it --> import resources --> import all

Grez1

Double click on it --> import resources --> import all
Oh crap, that's it. I told you it was just something stupid that I was overlooking. I'd forgotten that you have to specify exactly what in the extension you want to import. Whoops.

Thanks for the help! I'm all good now. :)