iOS Issues with iOS build with Google Play Services Extensions

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Tony M, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Tony M

Tony M Member

Hi, I have come across an issue with trying to build to iOS. When I try to build with GooglePlayServicesExtension added, I get the following error when trying to build on XCode:

Undefined Symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_PACConsentForm
    Undefined Symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_PACConsentInformation

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 8.04.55 am.png

If I remove the extension and try to compile, the error goes away (no other changes to the code) and I can run it on my iPad no problems.

This means I cant get Ads and IAPs working on my iOS build of the game. I have been able to get Ads (with EU user consent) and IAPs working on my Android build but this error is stopping me from release on iOS.

I just upgraded to the latest version of GMS2 (v2.2.3.433), removed and re-added GooglePlayServicesExtension (3.1.2), and run Clean before compliling. The version of XCode I am running is also the latest version (10.2.1). I have also tried changing the target within XCode from 8.0 and 9.1 and rerunning but still get the error.

Hoping someone is able to assist.

2. Dan

Dan YoYo Games Staff YYG Staff

Version 3.1.2 of that extension has an issue with some missing iOS libraries. This has now been fixed and a 3.1.3 will be released shortly. Once that's available, ensure you clean your cache and your builds should then work.

Tony M likes this.
  3. Tony M

Tony M Member

Thank you Dan, I wasn't aware it was a bug. Was worried I was doing something wrong.

I've noticed a couple of other things like set test device not working for Test Ads (GoogleMobileAds_UseTestAds) or EEA Consent (GoogleMobileAds_ConsentDebugAddDevice). This works for me in Android export but not iOS. Hoping the new version will also resolve these? (tried to search in the bug database but couldn't find anything)

4. Buntcake14

Buntcake14 Member

Did this get solved? I'm having the same issue now.

5. Ommn

Ommn Member

I am having the same issue too

6. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

7. Ommn

Ommn Member

yes , i have the same issue with last version google play sservice