• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Issues with Cameras and Views when switching room

O

OwainHorton

Hello! Well i'm doing a silly 3D game just for fun. And for technical reasons i did 2 rooms. One which is a some kind of launcher where you put some starting values. And then goes to the second one which is actually the "game" itself.

To make it easy i did a little example of the glitch i'm having. Just test this.
The Project has 2 rooms. The first is kinda Small because is intended to be the "Launcher" where you will write some data. And the second one is the 3D Room wich is obviously bigger.
The thing is that when you go to the second room, it stills with the size of the first one. I've tried a lot of functions (camera_... view_set.... display_set_.....) and nothing did work for me. Please I hope together we can fix this.

Its something REALLY SIMPLE. At least it was with GMS1 but i'm not that familiar with GMS2 way to work. I've been reading all manuals for hours but i couldn't fix it or find an aswer.

Here you got the GMS2 example of the glitch.

I FIXED IT! Really this post did help me a lot: https://www.reddit.com/r/gamemaker/comments/8b99zp
I had a room sized 512 x 256 and other sized 1366 x 768. To update the view when switching rooms i did this:

GML:
view_set_wport(0, obj_persistent_init.resolutionx);
view_set_hport(0, obj_persistent_init.resolutiony);
surface_resize(application_surface, obj_persistent_init.resolutionx, obj_persistent_init.resolutiony);
window_set_rectangle(0,0,obj_persistent_init.resolutionx, obj_persistent_init.resolutiony);
The obj_persistent_init.resolution... is the object where is stored the new resolution of screen. You can put there your favourite resolution and put that code in Room Start event of any object.

Thanks in advance folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OwainHorton

( Post Deleted, please read the original post to see the GMS2 Example ). Its better to show you all the example than a thousand words and screenshots.

O

OwainHorton

( Post Deleted, please read the original post to see the GMS2 Example ). Its better to show you all the example than a thousand words and screenshots.