• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Issues testing HTML games

C

Colin Page

I am nearing completion of my first HTML game, and it was programmed almost exclusively in GMS 1.4. Since the html module is no longer available for purchase in 1.4, I bought the web license for GMS2 so that I could import it over at the end and export it as a zip to Newgrounds. I clicked the run arrow on the toolbar, and the game ran perfectly. However, when I changed the target from "test" to "HTML5", a couple of issues arose. A window labeled "Game Maker Studio 2 micro web server" popped up and a tab opened in chrome that returned an error, saying,

HTML5 error.PNG
I've tried disabling the windows firewall to no avail. My question is, how can I quickly test my html5 game in a browser, and what's the deal with the micro web server?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Refreshing the tab in the browser usually fixes this; micro web server is self-descriptive - it puts up a local web server so that you can connect to it via browser to test your game, as running a HTML file from file explorer directly would have security restrictions on functionality.

A

appymedia

Yes, I've found a little refresh works as @YellowAfterlife has already said. Looks like the browser makes the request a little before the micro server is ready to serve the game sometimes. If that fails and the micro server is up and running might be an idea to check firewalls etc to ensure the traffic is not being blocked for some reason