Android Issues compiling with Android YYC

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by ChuckNz, Oct 4, 2018.

1. ChuckNz

ChuckNz Member

Hi there,

Ever since the recent patch I've had an issue "Could not find a part of the path" 'c:\source\GameMaker\Zeus\Compiler\yyc\android\TemplateLib'.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Charlie

2. HW.

HW. Member

Do you use NDK 17c? Because i found that NDK 16b and NDK 18 didn't work for my YYC apk with recent 2.2.0.

The error log isn't similar to yours by the way.

But i think you can use the settings as described at https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/227860547-GMS2-Required-SDKs

My SDK/JDK/API settings that did successful Android YYC 2.2.0 compile is;
    Latest Windows 10 latest 1803 update;
    NDK 17c (64bit);
    JDK 8u131 (64bit);
    Android Studio 3.2 (for the sdk manager to download all the required SDKs) -- i downloaded all the APIs and tools , except the NDK don't update to 18, manual download via site;
    Build tools 28.0.3 (28.0.0 in official guide btw but works for me);
    Support library 27.1.1 (official guide doesn't tell which, but i tested 28.0.0 and failed);
    Targeted API 27;
    min API 16;
    Compile API 27;
    Uncheck the armv5;
    Uncheck the mips;

Always "Clean" before building;
    Sometimes "restarting windows os and/or GMS2 IDE" can make the compile successful in my cases.

EDIT_1: However, this is just for the YYC 2.2.0 compiling process, the "BUILD SUCCESSFUL" text to be written in the output log and you can taste the .apk. But.......... Not the final .apk product which is still problematic (Android YYC crash sleep state as seen on other threads, you should read in the case after you successfully compile the YYC apk later with the recent 2.2.0, please do many thorough testings, we are waiting for hotfix from YoYo team.)

EDIT_2: It looks like the "EDIT_1" has been resolved by the 2.2.0.261 runtime. It doesn't crash anymore for the pause/sleep state with YYC so far.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Amon, ChuckNz and Hampej like this.
  3. ChuckNz

ChuckNz Member

Cool thanks for the info, will have a look soon

4. Pushloop

Pushloop Member

Thx for the build settings, works for me. I only got issues with links going out off the app like a More Games button or showing an interstitial, then the game crashes. Anyone else have the same problem?

5. HW.

HW. Member

Yes, Repro is reported to be 100%, all of us have the same problem (not just url_open , but also game_end(), home btn, recent apps btn, async_dialog, etc... which has relation to "on pause" Android system)
    Afaik YoYo team is working on a hotfix which will be released in the next few days (source: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=30067 - Android: Null pointer audio device crash when resuming games from sleep state in 2.2.0)

Amon likes this.