• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Issue with objects snapping on the room grid

• Thread starter Shariku Onikage
  • Start date
S

Shariku Onikage

In one of my games i currently have objects snapping to the gridlines, like this(see red lines):

upload_2016-8-9_16-36-50.png

But I've noticed that this can mess with pathfinding, so i'd prefer to have it like this:

upload_2016-8-9_16-38-5.png

But i can't find an option that allows me to change this (all options within the objects tab of the room are the same). Objects within the lines seems to be the default, and i'm not sure how i changed it in the first place.

Can anyone tell me how to switch this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

obscene

Well the grid size can be changed to something smaller.

And the objects snap location is their origin. If you made the origin of a block 0,0 the the top left corner of a block would snap to the grid intersections.

Also you can hold down control or maybe it was alt to drag an object freely.

D

Dwojityv

You can fix this easily by setting sprite origins to 0x0. I guess you got your sprites centered maybe at 16x16 (assuming you are using 32x32 blocks)

Edit: didnt notice Obscene just said same thing in reply above me.

S

Shariku Onikage

In retrospect that makes perfect sense. Thanks guys.