SOLVED Issue with drawGUI sprites being drawn twice

My GUI object contains the following code in the drawGUI event:

GML:
if(displayTabMenu == true)
{
    draw_sprite(sprTabMenu, 0, global.viewW/2, global.viewH/2);
    instance_create_depth(global.viewW/2 - 50, global.viewH/2 - 375, -1, oPlayerHealthBar);
    instance_create_depth(global.viewW/2 - 325, global.viewH/2 - 425, -1, oPlayerPortrait);
}
Code:
global.viewW = camera_get_view_width(view_camera[0]);
global.viewH = camera_get_view_height(view_camera[0]);

all oPlayerHealthBar and oPlayerPortrait do is draw_self() in the drawGUI event and destroy themselves when the tab menu is deactivated. My reason for using objects instead of sprites is so I can control the fps of the animations and change the animations easily. The objects are successfully drawn onto the GUI, but it appears they're also drawn statically in the center of the room for a reason I cannot figure out.

I have tried deleting oPlayerHealthBar and oPlayerPortrait drawGUI events. This only removed the sprites on the tab menu and kept the ones I don't want. Any help solving would be very much appreciated

cap.png

Maybe should you create a blank "draw event", because the default draw event is also trying to print the default sprite at x,y (and apparently you do not use x and y, so they are 0,0)...
Worked, thanks so much. Didn't realize there was a default draw and this was driving me nuts lol