• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Issue with asset compiler

A

Astilex

Hello,

When I re-use sprites I created in GMS 2, apply them to an object and place in the room, the asset compiler throws this out. (I am moving them from a GML project to DnD)

"An Item with the same key has already been added"

I have tried the clean button and it throws the same error.

I am trying to work on my final project for my game design class and this is blocking me from proceeding.

I am switching from GML to DnD due to my time limitations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
First, could you export the project as a YYZ (from File > Export) and file a bug with YoYo Games, including a download link for the project. Once you've done that, try saving the project under a different name then open the newly saved project.

A

Astilex

First, could you export the project as a YYZ (from File > Export) and file a bug with YoYo Games, including a download link for the project. Once you've done that, try saving the project under a different name then open the newly saved project.
I filed the bug report with a download link to the YYZ. I also saved the project under a different name, re-opened it, and no luck.

I also, for the time being, have recreated my assets so I can progress on my final project. The compiler just does not seem to like assets from other projects.

I will still help out with this as this seems to be a pretty serious problem.

Thanks for getting back to me!