• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Issue using step event

E

ElevenEleven

HI, I'm just getting back into using GM, I have an issue with trying to create a step event, when I click step event for my character obj it opens but not with the window ready to take code like I was used to and I don't want to use "Execute code" out of the toolbox window, can someone please tell me what I've done wrong and how to solve it.

unknown.png

Thanks in advance,

11:11

rIKmAN

HI, I'm just getting back into using GM, I have an issue with trying to create a step event, when I click step event for my character obj it opens but not with the window ready to take code like I was used to and I don't want to use "Execute code" out of the toolbox window, can someone please tell me what I've done wrong and how to solve it.

View attachment 27429

Thanks in advance,

Looks like you've started a DnD project, if you want to code then create a new project and choose "GML".

E

ElevenEleven

Looks like you've started a DnD project, if you want to code then create a new project and choose "GML".
Oh man you're totally right, I'm so sorry, thank you brother!