• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 [Issue] Exporting to Azure Web Apps

E

ephrisian

I've been using Azure Web Apps to host my HTML5 projects and recently purchased GM2 with the HTML5 export license.

The workflow for my HTML5 project is as follows:

1. Setup Web App with Git
2. Make changes to project and export in HTML5 format
3. Commit changes to Git project
4. Enjoy work

I recently exported a project from GM2 to HTML5 and commited it to my site, however it doesn't load at all.

The HTML is loading because I can see the Title change, however it doesn't load up the project files.

I know the process works because I use Construct 2/3 regularly for HTML5 projects and those work perfectly.

Is there anything I can do on the GM side to try and resolve this? I've check the folder permissions and GM exports the html5game folder with 777 which is how the web server takes it in.

Perhaps the obfuscation is causing issue, is there a way to disable that feature?

[UPDATE]
I just launch a regular Linux server in Azure and it appears that Web Apps do not allow javascript obfuscation unless it's done in a specific way. For now, I'm going to move ahead with the traditional site instead.

Last edited by a moderator: