GameMaker Isometric level editor[SOLVED]

JDizzle383

So I have been trying to figure out a method of creating a "depth detection" system for a level editor.

What I mean is I need something like this:

from these images:

As it is my first time with isometric tiles and I don't know how to deal with depth based on what already exists in the level editor, if that makes sense, the problem I am having is the small base of the sprites(the bottom sides) are not going behind/in front correctly due to the layers... if they are on the same layer, they only function one way, but having a bunch of layers for each x and y position seems like the long and unwanted way to do it.

M

maratae

So I have been trying to figure out a method of creating a "depth detection" system for a level editor.

What I mean is I need something like this:

from these images:

As it is my first time with isometric tiles and I don't know how to deal with depth based on what already exists in the level editor, if that makes sense, the problem I am having is the small base of the sprites(the bottom sides) are not going behind/in front correctly due to the layers... if they are on the same layer, they only function one way, but having a bunch of layers for each x and y position seems like the long and unwanted way to do it.
You don't need to use layers. Isometric stuff usually goes something like depth = -y

CMAllen