• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Isometric jumping on a platformer

B

BinaryGh0st

The game I am working on right now is for a class project at my university, I'm in a group and I am the only programmer. The designer wants the game to resemble scott pilgrim vs the world but at the same time work like a traditional platformer as well. The idea is that it is an endless runner, where the bottom platform is completely 2D allowing the player to only jump on the Y axis, but when you jump and land on to the top platform it will be 2.5D or it will add the z axis allowing the player to move around in all there axis but also still being able to jump. I realize at this point there is no need for actual physic, but rather to simulate them with a sprite change but I am still having trouble thinking about it logically and putting it in to motion. Any suggestions, advice, tutorials on how to do this. I have been reasarching around and I haven't seen much in game maker, I have seen how to make the isometric rpg but the tutorials do not show you how to jump, rather just move around.

D

DevNorway

I believe you have to use the d3d functions to do this, that way it will work like it should.

B

BinaryGh0st

Would that be the most simple route though? I've never used d3d in game maker before and it seems like it may be a little too complicated for this project. At this point I am trying to simulate it and give the illusion of 2.5D. I'm about a week away from the dealine.

B

BinaryGh0st

I believe you have to use the d3d functions to do this, that way it will work like it should.
Would that be the most simple route though? I've never used d3d in game maker before and it seems like it may be a little too complicated for this project. At this point I am trying to simulate it and give the illusion of 2.5D. I'm about a week away from the dealine.