• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Is this normal mouse behavior?

So the issue is that my mouse cursor is offset to the right a little bit, but as far as I can tell this is only a problem in the Gamemaker IDE. So when I try to select text, I have to account for the offset and move my mouse a bit to the right, before selecting anything. This is also an issue when it come to all UI elements, but the offset is small enough that, that is not a problem. I am not sure if I caused this when I went looking for a setting to change the opening position of windows in the workspace.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
That's screwed up mouse behavior.

I couldn't tell you a way to mess this up like that by changing settings in GM, so the source probably lies elsewhere.

Does turning it (GM, PC...) off and on again resolve the issue?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
That sounds like a very weird issue, and I've certainly never seen anyone posting previously about it. I wonder if the UI scale is changed? Check the DPi settings (here) and set them to their default values shown on that page and see if that fixes the issue (assuming they have been changed somehow).

That's screwed up mouse behavior.

I couldn't tell you a way to mess this up like that by changing settings in GM, so the source probably lies elsewhere.

Does turning it (GM, PC...) off and on again resolve the issue?
Restarting GM does not seem to fix the problem unfortunately.

That sounds like a very weird issue, and I've certainly never seen anyone posting previously about it. I wonder if the UI scale is changed? Check the DPi settings (here) and set them to their default values shown on that page and see if that fixes the issue (assuming they have been changed somehow).
Well it seems it was the DPI that was the causing it. I had changed my DPI because I wanted more space to work with and most of the time elements feel a bit big, so I change my DPI to fix that.