• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Is this Game Design possible with GameMaker?

V

Volker2

Hello,

I´m new here and I am looking for a possibility to develop an easy hands on prototype for my game idea. It´s a football manager and as I have no experience in coding I thought visual scripting would be nice.
The thing is, a football manager consist basically of interaction with UI Elements.
So what I want to know, is if its possible to develop "graphics" od design as in the attached pictures?
and if yes what do I need for it? I have Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, does that work or do I need special plugins?

I would be very thankfull for any type of help. It´s difficult to find orientation with all the possibilities out there!
Thank you very much! :)

Attachments

Mert

It is very easy to add.

Game Maker has Drag & Drop system for beginners where you kinda make your game with visual tools. There are several elements in the menu, each of them do different things. You drag it to the place where you want it to be (For example, when clicking mouse button).

There'll be a more coming later this year for visual scripting (called Sequences)

V

Volker2

So basically I design the Buttons in e.g. Photoshop. Than I drag & drop them into the Editor, right?
And even though its just a .png or .jpg format it will be recognized as an active Object that I can interact with for example by clicking?

NightFrost

So basically I design the Buttons in e.g. Photoshop. Than I drag & drop them into the Editor, right?
And even though its just a .png or .jpg format it will be recognized as an active Object that I can interact with for example by clicking?
GMS is largely based around objects and instances. So the basic idea is you bring in button and backgound graphics, then instantiate objects with button graphics to handle clicks and so on. Go through a few tutorials to get the feel how GMS is used to build games.

Toque

Just do a couple tutorials. Cosmonauts are pretty good.

They will all cover how to bring in an spite. (Image).

Google is your friend. “Gamemaker tutorials”. “ Gamemaker buttons”
What ever you are looking for.

It will be a bit overwhelming at first. Just slowly work through it.

V

Volker2

Okay thanks I will give it a try! :)
I was undecided between Unity Playmaker, GMS and Unreal Engine. But if you guys say its so simple I think I will use GMS