• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Is this a bug with cameras/views or am I just dumb?

A

Aiet

Here's a gif of my problem, it was too big to attach to this post:
https://imgur.com/a/TxXDlzm

Ok, so I'm using gamemaker studio 2 here. The coordinates in the top left are the coordinates of the mouse in the room and the X that appears is whether or not the mouse is colliding with the inventory object.

I added this inventory system to my game that uses an inventory object placed way up and to the left in the room so that it's out of the way. When the inventory button is pressed the object opens a view at the bottom of the screen whose camera is viewing the inventory object. You can drag objects into the view and therefore onto the inventory object.

Everything works perfectly in windowed mode but as soon as I switch to fullscreen the inventory gets screwed up. It's as if the "hitbox" for the view is shifted to the left, probably because the aspect ratio of my screen is different than the window. What confuses me though is that the view is still DRAWN in the right place, and as far as I know, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to interact with a view as long as it's visible. You can see this when I switch to fullscreen and the key disappears when I try to drag it onto the right side of the inventory. The coordinates jump back into the room you can see in the background and the mouse is no longer touching the inventory object, even though it clearly looks like it's touching.

Maybe I'm just not understanding how views work, but I'm completely stumped here and it sort of feels like a problem on gamemaker's end but I know I'm probably wrong on that. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. Any help is really really appreciated! Thank you!