• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Is there tax when buying the Desktop version of GMS2?

L

Lorulean

Before I buy the program I don't want to make the same mistake I made a while ago where I buy a 100$ debit card and there turns out to be tax so it prevents me from buying the program, if there is tax what is the percentage I need to add on

G

I'm in the United States and didn't pay tax.

See hipstercapitalist below.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest User

it's dependent on your state's laws. for example, I know that Washington state adds a tax to digital goods but the state I live in, California, does not.

S

SRJProd

Personnally I bought GMS2 on steam because I'm always sure that the displayed price is exactly what I pay. I believe there are slight differences between steam and non-steam edition (or at least there were in GMS 1) but they aren't of any importance to my personal needs.

G

Guest User

^ possibly no, I've seen people have the same problem as OP before on Steam because despite the store price including everything under the sun, it doesn't bother to include local taxes.

so unless they've changed it or something, the tax will be added to the total during checkout just as it would on the YoYo Games website and isn't reflected on the Steam store price unfortunately :\