1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there still a way to get Gamemaker Studio?

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by DeadPuffy, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadPuffy

DeadPuffy Member

I used to work with Gamemaker long ago. Now I got back into it and wanna create and publish games. I was planing to buy GM Studio but I'd really prefer working with Studio 1 insteadt of 2. Is there any chance?

2. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

No, GMS 1 is well past sunset.

3. DeadPuffy

DeadPuffy Member

I might just use the old Game Maker 8.0 version that I still have installed on my old computer.

4. Jimac1888

Jimac1888 Member

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

I found something here: https://www.g2a.com/gamemaker-studio-professional-key-global-i10000005507001

According to Wikipedia, the G2A is a safe marketplace.

If you download the latest version (1.4.9999) from the official website (@Jimac1888 sent you link above) then there will be a launcher with a request to enter the activation key. But if you cannot find the “download” button, which doesn't exist there, you need to click on the green link "Version 1.4.9999" at the very top of the page. But just in case here's a direct link to you: http://store.yoyogames.com/downloads/gm-studio/GMStudio-Installer-1.4.9999.exe

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  6. chamaeleon

chamaeleon Member

Just don't cry if yoyo invalidates the key. Not saying it would happen, but besides the occasional sale in the past at humblebundle, I would not expect anything besides yoyo and steam to be the only way they recognize your purchase.

Edwin likes this.
  7. Edwin

Edwin Member

I hope they wouldn't. But still you can get your money back.

8. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

And if you cared to look anywhere else, you'd also know this is completely unsanctioned activity.
    Resale of GMS keys on G2A violates both the GMS EULA and Humble Bundle's if the key came from there. YoYo has every right to revoke keys sold this way.
    Why should you hope that they wouldn't when they already have?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2019
  9. TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko Q&A Spawn Camper Forum Staff Moderator

The original question has been sufficiently answered multiple times already - and correctly so - in that any unauthorized resale of licenses is not endorsed by YoYo Games. It should therefore not be suggested to acquire licenses in any way apart from the official venues, which, as has also been stated, have been shut down long ago.

So, to make it perfectly clear:

No.

Topic closed to avoid further confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.