• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Is there something one can do to "activate" bluetooth speakers during runtime?

derboo

I've noticed with my bluetooth speakers, when I turn on the speakers and then run my game, the speakers will activate correctly, but when I run the game first and THEN turn on the speakers, they will stay silent.

Is this normal behavior or are my speakers just weird? If it's the former, is there something from within Game Maker that can be done to "activate" speakers that are switched on late?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
This sounds more like an operating system thing than a speaker thing or GM thing to me. Your game binds to the default audio device upon startup, so if your speakers aren't on, well, then they won't be the default audio device (or any sort of connected audio device at all, for that matter).

There is no default functionality that lets you specify the audio device to output to from within your game. If you'd like to see this added, please file a feature request:

You could probably also write an extension for it.

derboo

OK tried a feature request (haven't learned how to make extensions so far). Thanks for the link!