• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Is there anyone developing on mac with xcode9?

I've just set up with xcode. I can't tell, and do not have any reference as to what I'm supposed to be seeing in xcode...

*When I play, clean, or debug on the GMS2 controls, should that be seen on xcode ide?
*I'm overwhelmed. Is there anyone having success with this?

*When I play, clean, or debug on the GMS2 controls, should that be seen on xcode ide?
*I'm overwhelmed. Is there anyone having success with this?
If you have VM (Virtual Machine) selected as your build target, you won't see any activity from XCode, whether you Play, Clean, Debug, or Create Executable.

If you select YYC as your target, the select Create Executable, during the build process, XCode will automatically open. Build time will be a lot longer

If I press Play with YYC selected, XCode doesn't open at all.

Where exactly are you getting stuck?

I wasn't ever using YYC until reading your response (thx). I was under the impression that when developing on a physical mac, one needs to run, debug, and play (build) through Xcode... Do I only need to use Xcode when creating executables? Also, I believe I've discovered why I get so many failures with my builds... My "mono" is 32 bit, while everything else I'm running is 64 bit. Is it possible for me to get a 64 bit mono on my mac? Why wouldn't I have one already? I'm leaving a copy of the compiling error. Thanks for the help, IB. MONO.png

As far as I know, the correct copy of Mono should be installed automatically when you install Game Maker 2.

I have not had to touch my copy of Mono, so I don't have any advice on that, I don't know if it needs to be 32 or 64 bit.

If I use YYC, Xcode opens automatically by itself, but I don't need to touch it.

In fact, I just did another compile on YYC with a test game, and I didn't see XCode open at all. Perhaps it only opens the first time I do a YYC build. Will have to check it.

At the end of the build process, a zip file is created in the folder I specified, and when I unzip it, my standalone Mac application is in there. No using of XCode required.

I've downloaded latest mono (5.4.1), but haven't installed yet. I'm going to test a few more things before getting desperate enough to instal it.