• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Is there another way to use camera functions in GM8?

thejosving

so I often use GM8 on my old windows xp, and lately i've been using it to test some random tutorials I find on youtube. Because mostly is basically studio 1.4+, I often need to make some advanced codes my own way, and it has been doing great. But recently I've got these functions (in the image), the camera functions that don't exist in GM8. The camera_set_view_angle, camera_set_view_pos, and camera_get_view_width/height, to be specific.
So I would like to know if there's a way or another functions to use instead. It's from a video about sprite stacking, here's the video by the way

Attachments

The legacy equivalent of cameras are views. I don't know if GM8 supports changing them through code but I don't see why not. But that manual doesn't seem to say you can.

In GMS1.4, this is what they are.
camera_set_view_angle() -> view_angle
camera_set_view_pos() -> view_xview / view_yview
camera_get_view_width() view_wview / view_hview

thejosving

The legacy equivalent of cameras are views. I don't know if GM8 supports changing them through code but I don't see why not. But that manual doesn't seem to say you can.

In GMS1.4, this is what they are.
camera_set_view_angle() -> view_angle
camera_set_view_pos() -> view_xview / view_yview
camera_get_view_width() view_wview / view_hview
I tried, only changing the camera_get_view to window_get_width/height or view_w/h. but I still got a weird bug where the camera never stop rotating..

Gamebot

GMS8 is either 2D or 3D. You might be able to find a way to do 2.5D but 3D is not that hard in 8.0/1.4 and would be your best bet. GMS2 3D takes a lot of prep work.