Legacy GM Is there an easy way to copy scripts and assets from one project to another?

E

elsi11

Hey guys!
Up until now, I have been coding blindly on top of an old game that I stuck into "old" folders. I think I'm ready to put my code in a nice clean project. The problem is that I know that assets have some kind of unique ids, and if you delete an asset, then you have unused id-s or something that the program has to go through while searching for assets, and that's bad, and one should never delete anything, but recycle it into something else.
Or so I've heard.
So, the easiest way would be to delete everything in the "old" folders and "save as" the project as something else. But that sounds bad because in my mind, there is maybe some residual stuff or the unique id thing (if you make 100 rooms, and then delete them all, the next room number will be 101).
I wish I could have 2 projects open at the same time, and then just copy the stuff.
The way I've been copying code until now was via notepad, but this time I have a bajillion scripts, and it would take a long time.

What should I do?
Tnx!